music in the shed

Agree sad to hear about Wilko , this isn`t the Feelgoods , but something in a slightly similar vein .......

I seem to recall producer Zenon De Fleur may have worked or had some connection with Lee Brilleaux , something to do with over indulgence and ending up being Zen on the Floor....

Last edited:
I foolishly didn’t go to see DR Feelgood at the Red Lion, Greenford..whatever else I did that night wouldn’t have been as good.
I remember seeing them at the Mont de Marsan punk festival in 77 when my can of Castrol GTX was burnt outside the arena. Lousy oil, I did a big end a couple of weeks later. A Honda, the start of my trek to Laverda ownership and using Motul oils.

Paul

In Mont de Marsan in July on my way to Waves & Wheels.
It's a garrison town. Shock troops with a life expectancy of 24 hours in case of conflict. The soldiers were locked up during the festival to avoid clashes.
2 days of relaxed punk festival followed by a lousy Lou Reed concert with security everywhere.

Paul

Can't see the 'Sweet Jane' post without putting up this wonderful cover/mash up. An entrant in The Austin Chronicle's "Sweet Jane Contest" of 1987.

Lou Reed Sweet Jane' with a newer New York City video, it is an amazing track and one of my all-time favorites, video is also worth a look. NYC remains one of my favorite cities, forget all the negative shit NYC #1.
One of best intros ever, the guitar players Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner played on Alice Cooper‘s brilliant album Billion Dollar Babies too that year.

Marnix

As Neil Young put it...."your either way above me or way below me " dont have the outright depth of knowledge as the notables here possess. Mine, much of it local, much of it from Circus Magazine in the 70's, another International Musician i think it was, magazine. Being amongst the real stage production in this country, what appeared and what was the real, little to do with either.

Am well sad at Wilko gone, one of my favorites, stage presence you could not ignore, visually or sonic wise... fabulous.
Lou had many fans and followers, was not one as such, rather deferring to Iggy/David B era. Best USA vocals for the era, Blackie Lawless, David Lee Roth. Stonking overlooked talent, Johnette Napolitano brook no argument. UK supreme goddess, PJ Harvey all else are good, PJ was simply the standout, leaving out the 50/60's. There are some stunners in that era. Know it is not song specific, like the above, we all have favorites, too many to list.

Are you serious Cam?
That version was boring as fuck compared to Lou Read
Yep. Never been a fan of Lou Reed's music. I find him boring. To me, his music sounds like he's groaning his last on his death bed. In fact, it's a fucking boring song, but the Cowboy Junkies are slightly easier on the ear than Lou Reed. I think I just prefer her voice to Lou Reed's monotonous groaning.

Appreciation of music is an individual thing. I rarely post here because I don't expect anyone else to share my taste, just as I don't like most of the music links that others post here. Your reaction to my post is confirmation that I should keep my musical opinions to myself.

Back