What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?

Registered as exempt from MOT and tax, now officially a 'historic vehicle' :)
You probably know this, Rob, but just in case, Tax(VED) is still required, although it's at zero cost, for the moment.
Although MOT is no longer mandatory, you must confirm (tick box, making it your responsibility) that it does not require an MOT.
Your insurance company may not agree. Best to get confirmation, in writing, that they are happy for the vehicle not to be tested. Some do, some don't.
Personally, I MOT my 'Historic Vehicles', a career in aviation reinforced my discomfort with marking my own homework.

You probably know this, Rob, but just in case, Tax(VED) is still required, although it's at zero cost, for the moment.
Although MOT is no longer mandatory, you must confirm (tick box, making it your responsibility) that it does not require an MOT.
Your insurance company may not agree. Best to get confirmation, in writing, that they are happy for the vehicle not to be tested. Some do, some don't.
Personally, I MOT my 'Historic Vehicles', a career in aviation reinforced my discomfort with marking my own homework.
I had a career as a motorcycle mechanic and MOT tester…this entitles me to ride any piece of old shit I chose & I can justify this with” that be fine” . Somebody once pointed out my rear tire looked a little flat “ must have been the Italians at the factory cos I’ve never touched them! 😂

I had a career as a motorcycle mechanic and MOT tester…this entitles me to ride any piece of old shit I chose & I can justify this with” that be fine” . Somebody once pointed out my rear tire looked a little flat “ must have been the Italians at the factory cos I’ve never touched them! 😂
Back when I bought my Laverda, I worked as a motorcycle mechanic. Our favourite was the Honda Four rider, who brought his in on a trailer.
"It won't start."
"You've got a flat battery."
"What shape should it be?"

Back when I bought my Laverda, I worked as a motorcycle mechanic. Our favourite was the Honda Four rider, who brought his in on a trailer.
"It won't start."
"You've got a flat battery."
"What shape should it be?"
Tyres flat- only at the bottom?
Shit in the carb- How often should I do that?
Can I have some three stroke oil?
Have you got a secondhand RD250? Not at the moment. If you did have one How much would it be?
My VFRs smoking and running badly?What have you done to it? Put a bottle of REDEX in the tank…
Fella bought the GT750 on Saturday says the exhausts blowing.Tell him to fuck off. He’s standing behind you..
I bought an inner tube from you on Friday and it’s got two tiny holes in it..
I don’t always put two stroke oil in it, only when I remember..
Oh how I miss them! 🙄

Spent most of the day on an expedition to relieve my Formula of its starter motor - you would not believe how much you have to
Remove to get to it including 4 small Allen bolts that hold on a plastic protector - 3 heads broke off - and won’t be going back in for the rest which would be a fuel tank out job and coolant manifold off ! Other items include battery out , hugger off , air box , injection system , copious wires for the injectors and sensors , fairing and rear fairing 🤣 anyway it’s off and the brushes and commutator look a bit dodgy IMG_0711.jpegIMG_0712.jpegIMG_0709.jpegIMG_0700.jpeg

Spent most of the day on an expedition to relieve my Formula of its starter motor - you would not believe how much you have to
Remove to get to it including 4 small Allen bolts that hold on a plastic protector - 3 heads broke off - and won’t be going back in for the rest which would be a fuel tank out job and coolant manifold off ! Other items include battery out , hugger off , air box , injection system , copious wires for the injectors and sensors , fairing and rear fairing 🤣 anyway it’s off and the brushes and commutator look a bit dodgy View attachment 89262View attachment 89263View attachment 89264View attachment 89265
Wouldn’t it be simpler just to collect the insurance money?
Paul

Back