Uploading large files

J

jlo

Hi Bill,

I confirm that the re is a problem to upload large and heavy files in Wiki. I tried yesterday to upload the RGS/RGA user's manual (13 Mo) and I got an internal error. I've looked in the Wikipedia help page but found nothing. Did you try yourself to upload this sort of file? I'd like to know if it is related to Wiki or to my own server.

jlo

Bill,

I've found a way to upload the files by "cutting" them in several smaller files. Long and bothering but it works. It should be better if you can get more space for the big file uploading process.

jlo

Paul Marx said:
Jean-Louis,

Dis you receive the 75cc files I sent you by mail?

ciao
Paul

Nothing on my email and nothing in my junk box (antispam)...

jl

I think the best way is to FTP them to the site then transfer...is there a file size limit set on the wiki? I'm guessing there may be from what you're saying...

* FTP Username: wiki@laverdapedia.com
    * Password: Laverda1*
    * FTP Server: ftp.laverdapedia.com
    * Quota: unlimited MB

Note the difference between @ & . -just to make your life a little easier.

The files can either be linked directly or moved to the wiki database

jlo said:
Hi Bill,

I confirm that the re is a problem to upload large and heavy files in Wiki. I tried yesterday to upload the RGS/RGA user's manual (13 Mo) and I got an internal error. <snip>.

jlo

Hi Jean-Louis and Bill,

Yeh, me the same - just tried uploading a 23mB pdf of the Zane 750 owner's book, but got an Internal Error message.

Don't know anything about FTP, so if there is another way, please let me know!

Ciao

Craig

Ventodue said:
Hi Jean-Louis and Bill,

Yeh, me the same - just tried uploading a 23mB pdf of the Zane 750 owner's book, but got an Internal Error message.

Don't know anything about FTP, so if there is another way, please let me know!

Ciao

Craig

Hello Craig, thanks for your help with the uploads,

Yes, FTP is confusing if you are not used yet to it. A simple way is to separate your file in several small files (no more than 6 to 7 Mo each), so you upload several small files instead of a big file. You can see an example with the Zane 750S book that I have already uploaded, I finally got 15 small files instead of the big 32 Mo one.

I'll try to upload the 1000/1200 180 rider's manual this week-end, you can see the still missing files as their links are in red.

Thanks once again,

jl

Paul Marx said:
Hi Jean-Louis,

I've just mailed you the 75cc files again.

ciao
Paul

All received, thank you!
I've seen the problem, you converted each page in pdf so there is no other way that uploading only one page at a time. The best way (to save time during the uploading but also the scanning processes) should be to scan all the pages, then convert ALL of them in pdf, so we can upload the whole folder once only.
Thanks once again,
jl

Paul Marx said:
Ok Jean-Louis,

I'll see what I can do with the next doc.

ciao
Paul

Your 75 Parts list is now online. I've uploaded also the 100cc user's manual.

jl

I've seen the problem, you converted each page in pdf so there is no other way that uploading only one page at a time. T
I can turn them into one file let me know the names or better yet put them up on the ftp site.

Try downloading cuteftp - its free and set it up to here

* FTP Username: wiki@laverdapedia.com
    * Password: Laverda1*
    * FTP Server: ftp.laverdapedia.com
    * Quota: unlimited MB

Back