More finds from inside the SF1 engine

Paul,

The splines of the centre journal allow absolutely no leeway for any adjustment, unless you re-assemble the crank incorrectly on purpose. If the splines are damaged upon re-assembly, chances are that the webs will work loose in a very short time, resulting in a horrible mess. The bolt that holds it all together is dependant on the splines to keep the plot in line.

You'd be surprised at how bent and wobbly most cranks are. Wear at the mains allow the cranks to throw their weight around, resulting in "they're all like that, Sir" vibes. ;) A sure tell-tale is pitting on the outrigger bearing race or even a loose race, I find up to 0.5mm (instead of `+/-0.05mm max) run-out here. The difference you felt results solely from new bearings and reducing run-out to a minimum. Even the factory balancing was well inside the ball park.

piet
As I said Piet, I've no practical experience.
I distinctly remember Phil mentioning 4° leeway either side of spot on.

I well understand that the centre piece being forced into the webs, that sets it for eternity so don't understand Phils 4°.

Paul

Remember: the price including shipping for the used frames from London where 39 EUR.

Last Saturday i got a surprising „gift“ from GLS. It was a bill over 22,03 EUR.
7,51 EUR for tax, that‘s ok and 14,52 EUR for solving the things with customs. That is not ok as CN22 was filled in absolut correctly and there was no order for GLS to do anything with customs.
But the horror went on....
GLS send on Tuesday another bill over about the same article and amount (ca. 25 EUR).
Only difference: the first bill was for „glases“, the second for „frames“.
Customs say that is not ok.
I only transfer the customs fees to GLS but no more. I will not pay GLS - we will see....
This is the advice of my lawyer.

Best Thomas aus LAU who has the better nerves than GLS. :)
After I had payed only the tax and ignored the other GLS- invoices for "service", I got a mail today from GLS:
"Dear Mr. Städler,
please excuse the late reply. We have booked the payment of the import sales tax accordingly and our invoice 200043497
canceled.
We apologize for any inconvenience."

Fazit: Never give up! Never mess with a Laverda driver!

Thomas aus LAU

Back