Jota fat grips?

I have the fat grips on all my big Laverda. Nava Gran Turismo. Been out of production for decades.
I couldn't ride for long without them.
You can find replicas but not the same quality, either too hard or too soft and not as hard wearing.
I believe that the grips for British machines are not the same diameter.

Paul
these do look nice, £25+ inc shipping from various places on eBay. I'll try the Oxford Fat Grips first as they're less than £10 and then maybe get these to compare. thanks

A kindly Laverda soul (Andy J ?) let me run my hand over his equipment a few years ago - felt so nice in my hand. :oops:

From fading memory they were the Biltwell make. Maybe Renegade or Recoil???

The Ducati 750 GT had large diameter grips and were quite comfortable. I've seen them advertised somewhere but I can't remember where! Might have been Old Racing Spares.

View attachment 57708
I've just checked whether a manufacturer can be seen on the fat rubber grips I acquired. But it only says "Grand Touring" and "Made in Italy" - no brand or such ...
several places with the Gran Turismo originals on eBay like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391718024580?hash=item5b3436b584:g:rR0AAOSwVzxetKdi These look like the ones you posted, advertised on eBay as for Norton Commando: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362676816562?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Yanks have 25mm bars or 1 inch in the old money on Harleys, everybody else uses 22mm or 7/8ths of an inch depending on where they are made. That's od of the bar. That can be an issue with bar-end mounted accessories making them fit sometimes, or that's my excuse as sometimes stuff needs filing the bar internal to fit.

Some Triumph used 1” bar - but not many.The OP was complaining of needing two handfuls of throttle- either a quick action throttle or the wrist rest ( like Case suggested) I use this on the heavy throttle Guzzi and works extremely well and cost a couple of quid.Never got on with the big AV grips- they actually make my hands ache and I’ve got huge hands so Christ knows who they are for?

as I think @Paul Marx predicted, these are the wrong size for the bars. I'll order some Nava
I tried a pair from my Norton on the Jota , they fit but I found them a bit harsh. Have tried the Oxford fat grips on the Monster which are better than the smaller original style.
The MCS fatter grips [mentioned in an earlier post] I put on my Jota have been the best so far and have been on the bike for about 10 years and approx. 30,000 ks. I recently bought another pair to replace them soon.

Just saying.:)

Back