Ferns in S A ?

hey Terry
Vince could well be on the money: remember I said your bike was smoking like a First World War dreadnought in a panic when you were gassing it past us last year? I’d say you need to check your needles for wear or, also likely, renew/discard your air filters…
Hooksey might be on the money too if your plugs are a tad fouled from the overfuelling…

We are so close to hand over I'm taking each day as it comes.
The weather has held up the last few bits of the outside to finish of. All first world problems:rolleyes:

But I am hanging out for a ride.🛴

Went for a little 'head clearing' ride out to Walker Flat this morning, nice coffee and pie, which I shared with a magpie. No traffic until back through Birdwood, bliss.

Reactions: T.C
We visited Birdwood Mill Museum on the ride to Adelaide I did on a borrowed Mark2 850 Norton, they have an impressive collection of World Speed Record cars, we spend a few hours there, could easily do a couple of days.

Only a week at Ok Tedi Chris.I spent nearly 18 months there, very wet part of the earth. Rainfall was measured in metres😧 If I remember correctly average annual rainfall was 11metres .Did about 9 months of night shift and I reckon that it rained every night. Lovely local people but turned out to be a massive environmental disaster 🙁 Get the gold and get out was BHP’s plan but didn’t quite work out that way for them.
Tom

Yes, Tom Ok Tedi was an environmental disaster. In the 1930s, the Wau and Bulolo goldfields were the richest in the world. (In)famous people who tried their luck on the fields were Errol Flynn and John Laws and many a scoundrel.
My grandfather established one of the first arabica coffee plantations in PNG.

You do have a way with words Chris😂😂 I think they had worked it out that it didn’t rain for 25 days of the year🌨🌨 you certainly became accustomed to being wet and cold😀
Tom

Hadn’t realised you’d worked over here too Tom: have to add it the weather up in the hills is a little tedious…

Back