Cool Videos

This is a few years old , and may already be familiar to some ............. Took the Mirage " off road " a few times , but those were dry grassy tracks over chalk downland ....... not wet boggy muddy lanes like this ( obviously ) .........

..... " I`m doing 26 mph but it`s not going anywhere ... " ......🤣 ...........

Last edited:

...and finally ........ Whenever I have a pint ...... ( or two , no more than that ) ...... at the Cotham Porter Stores in Bristol , I can never , never make it back to Wotton without stopping for a pee ......... Even if I go before I leave the pub , and it`s only a 40 minute trip .........

Favourite stopping off place is Gambril Lane just before Falfield ......... It`s a dead end with just a couple of houses at the bottom , so usually really quiet ..........

If I made it back to Wotton I would still have to stop just behind the fire station , even though I was only about 2 minutes from home ....... but they`ve built some houses there now , so that`s no longer an option .........

Thinking you can leave it until you`ve actually reached your front door will always end in tears .... ( or much worse ..... ) .......

Last edited:
Obviously a GSX-R 1100 was more tuned to loafing around at 140 mph on asphalt - I had one for one summer - Terrifyingly FAST yet very stable.

By 1986 the Suzuki GSX-R 1100 DESTROYED the Italian Breganzie Factory.

Can't say I WIMP OUT but I loved my 1970 Breganzie 750 SFO to the very END.

Last edited:
My kinda nuts cousin had an earlier version. Makes more scenes than you might think. I must be nuts as well.
Kind of reminds me of the sort of things that were said about the Jota when that was launched ......... If the Jota became famous for being the fastest over the counter bike available at the time , then it makes you wonder what sort of motorcycle Laverda would have to produce today , if it were to retain that crown ......

At least 240 bhp allied to 160 kg wet probably .... ( and no traction , or launch control . or lean sensitive ABS either ... just for fun .... ) ......

It``s amusing that a 1000 cc street bike will now rev to 14,000 plus rpm ..... I remember .... ( here he goes again ) .... Bill Haycock testing a Kawasaki Z200 single for Bike magazine and noting that it `s rev limit was 8,000 rpm ...... and saying " I wouldn`t want to be held at 8000 rpm all the time " ...... ( In order to make decent progress ) ......

...... and a bloke called Alfred H Lister , who used to write a series of letters to Motor Cycle Weekly in the 1970`s , who said he wouldn`t trust a Japanese motorcycle that revved at more than 8000 rpm to last more than a couple of years , compared to the Old English Singles he was more used to , which of course would go on forever ........

I sometimes wondered if he actually existed , thinking he may have been an invention of the editorial team ........... you know the sort of thing , insert a made up letter consisting of such obvious complete bollocks , in the hope it will draw in more correspondence .........

Last edited:
I was in the local BMW dealers last weekend, and a couple of Irish lads were eyeing up the M1000 in the showroom. I mentioned I’d just watched the video posted by Vince and the reaction of the journo riding it. They more or less agreed about the insanity of being able to own a bike like it for riding on ordinary roads. The young sales guy joined in and said they had sold 6 last year to people in the IOM, probably the internet gaming types earning fat bonuses, Strangely enough I don’t recall having seen any out on the road.

Watched a few of these guys at work ........ They certainly don`t take any prisoners .......... A few things spring to mind .....

1 ....... It must be painful changing gear wearing sandals .....
2 ........Seems a shame to get it dirty after all that work ........
3 .......There is some thing strangely relaxing watching a frame being blasted and repainted .......
4 ...... I wouldn`t mind a Serow ........

Talking about great riding, i’d Written Alex Lowes off as a has been after last year’s performance, but the way he rode around the outside of Bautista on the last lap of the second race in the Aussie WSBK round to take the win was simply mind blowing.

... Nothing to do with bikes , but entertaining all the same ............. Don`t wind Nige up , then pinch his cap ...... he WILL come after you ........

You could always argue about who was the best driver , and whether Mansell would be amongst them , but Ayrton Senna once said that out of all the drivers on the track who refused to be intimidated by him , or back down , then Mansell would top the list ........ Just look out for that moustache in your mirrors ....... ( As Jim Clark once said about Graham Hill ...... ) ......

Last edited:
Back