Calendar Costs

G

Grant

Ok, I would have thought that if the calendars are going to arrive they will have done so by now.
None have been lost in the post in the last 6 years but they did go out a week or so later than normal this time.

Can anyone who still has not received their order please let me know here?

Thanks.

G

Grant

Today I received a parcel.
Nothing unusual in that, except it was the parcel containing Gert's 10 calendars!
Both his destination address and my sending address were still clearly visible, yet they had decided to apply a large typewritten address back to me.
They were sent around 4 or more weeks ago.
I'll go to the post office tomorrow and ask for an explanation.
And then re-send it.

Apologies Gert, never had this happen before!

Has anyone else still not received their calendars?

Paul Marx

I had that same thing with a parcel from Scott Potter.
Reappeared at his place with the indication "address unknown"

He sent it back to me and the original address on the first label was fine.

Paul

chrisk

I had that happen to me, twice with the same parcel, even marked "Sender" & 'To" ............. ended up covering up my details with masking tape.

Gert, you are only missing out on a line up of 30 SFC's, at least you'll be able to enjoy the 10 green 3CL's next month.

Diablo Loco

motoddrob said:
Where abouts in OBFN are you??? Pretty damn nice on the south coast at present.

Nedlands.  Would have far preferred to be beside the Southern Ocean after Christmas. The last couple of weeks has been in Darwin working.  Kimberleys on the run through was mid 40's every day and the NT was monsoonal high 30's.

G

Grant

Ok, update.
I went to the post office today with parcel, new packaging and receipt.
The cost was actually ?39.72 that I paid on 2nd December.

The PO teller said it was sent Parcelforce so they could not help me but gave a Parcelforce phone number to contact.

As Gert wants these by Friday I asked how to get them there by then.
I was told Tracked and Signed, at over ?72. I agreed.
Despite being in the EC I had to fill in a Customs declaration form and after that was told I needed to provide a phone number, which I did not have.
Ffffff. took parcel back and returned to base.
Found the number and returned to the post office, got the parcel sent.

So, then I called the Parcelforce number and got the runaround a few departments after listening to endless robots.
In the end I had to go online, download a claim form and it's sitting here waiting to be posted.

Basically a LOAD of work and hassle, for no gain, and if I'm lucky I might get the ?39.72 back for a service they did not deliver...
No wonder I have retired from calendar work.

Jo

There?s another street in my neighbourhood whose name includes part of my street. We often receive mail for people
whose names aren?t on our door at all. I believe that postal services today place a scanner above the ability to read.

From my calendar example I could see that your parcels were well marked as far as address and sender are concerned ?
I?m curious to see whether you?ll succeed with your complaint!

However, pls let us know, if you are let left alone with the on-costs! We can make a midget collection here then!

Cheers
Jo

G

Grant

No need for that.
I did win one today.

A couple of weeks ago I got another ransom remand from Customs for a parcel from Australia.
I was waiting on 2, an expensive one and a low cost one.
The ransom was for ?75 so I assumed it was for the expensive one.
No, the $75 AUD one arrived.
So the ransom was double the cost of the item.
I did some research and found where to download a complaint form so I filled it in and sent it off along with plenty of photos.
Today they wrote to me saying I would get over ?50 back.
Result!

Ventodue

Grant said:
<snip> Despite being in the EC I had to fill in a Customs declaration form ...

Small consolation, Grant, but La Poste does the same here for stuff being sent within the EU.  The last time, it was for a package to  Italy.  But it's been Germany before.  And UK, nat'  :)

Does make you wonder just what notion of the European Union they have ...  :-\.  DON'T answer that!  :-*

motoddrob

Diablo Loco said:
Nedlands.  Would have far preferred to be beside the Southern Ocean after Christmas. The last couple of weeks has been in Darwin working.  Kimberleys on the run through was mid 40's every day and the NT was monsoonal high 30's.

Nedlands eh, nice area. I grew up in Shenton Park/ Subi.
If your ever in Walpole and at a loose end your welcome to drop by. Have cold beer :D