Club Laverda NSW Tour de Tasmania 2019

Didn't you guys head for the ferry via Broady last year? And I led you the (almost!) right way via backish roads to the fwy?

How can you be heading south and miss the orange fest down here!

I just follow orders, we arrived last year after the racing but it was great to meet up for a chat. Going to be odd not having the fixer along as well. Having you locals guide us to the ferry helped a lot, I don't remember all those expressways from previous GP trips in the past. Is that a tautology? Probably like Sydney a new one opens every few months.

CLNSW has been appeasing the weather gods for our annual rally second weekend of November for 25 years, and NOW you want us to change?  Tell the bloody BEARS guys to change their date. I?m out of chickens and goats to sacrifice.......

Keep an eye on this website. It gives a 14 day forecast. http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Australia/Tasmania/Hobart/14-Day-Forecast.aspx

Doesn't look too bad for the time you're in Tassie. Temperatures a bit on the cool side (mostly below 20C) and a chance of rain here and there, but nothing too alarming.

There's a thunderstorm forecast on the evening (around 7pm) Tuesday 12th, but you should be propping up the bar in the Empire Hotel in Queenstown at that time of day. 

Vince said:
I just follow orders, we arrived last year after the racing but it was great to meet up for a chat. Going to be odd not having the fixer along as well. Having you locals guide us to the ferry helped a lot, I don't remember all those expressways from previous GP trips in the past. Is that a tautology? Probably like Sydney a new one opens every few months.

Didn't realise you guys missed the racing last year. Guess it makes sense if you're riding south much of the day.

That's what I got from the ABC news 2 nights back, snow to 500ms.
We spend the day last time at Cradle Mountain sitting in a 5-star resort beside there fire in dripping bike gear having a lovely time eating and drinking their top-shelf stuff. Hope we get to see it better this time.BTW it was a surprise we were happily allowed in and got fantastic service everywhere. Same at Lake Pedder. Its a great place for a bike holiday.

Safe travels guys on your way keep an eye out for this place

Attachments

• 713285C8-24CF-478E-AE8C-78112B69C7D3.jpeg
    713285C8-24CF-478E-AE8C-78112B69C7D3.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 169
you wont find a better Argentinean steak this side of the black stump or Amsterdam for that matter ::) :D :D
mmmmm tasty :D

It?s cold and cloudy here too
Stay safe you lot and have a dam fine time in Tassie won?t ya

TC made it into Broadie just on 7 last night

Attachments

• D624BA3F-1082-461C-83A8-6333583654BC.jpeg
    D624BA3F-1082-461C-83A8-6333583654BC.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 136
Rumour has it that in what seems to be the new true club Laverda NSW style they have managed to leave another member on the side of the road ... now now seems it?s becoming a habit.
Lucky for John, Serge and Anthony kept to his rescue and got him back safe and sound to Anthony?s place. And despite their desperate attempts to get it sorted sadly he missed the ferry 🤔 where was it I heard of another Lsverda recently missing a ferry and getting left behind.
So thank you once again Vic Laverda for helping your northern cousins out I for one do appreciate it and am sure theta am speaking for the rest of my fellow club members.
So the others are now making their way over Bass Straight to  continue on the of Tassie hope for their sakes that the forecast four days of rain doesn?t eventuate as would be a shame them to miss having some riding fun. Though to quote Mark Muir we have to remind ourselves that motorcycling is an outdoor activity after all,
I only hope that this habit of leaving folk by the side of the road and riding on into the sunset does not continue over there 👉
Stay safe fellas and catch ya when your back on the mainland.

Early shower for me seems i rode right past them in a gararge i dont even remember the town ztill got rubbery legs from the boat it was ok but bearly

So whilst the others are now making their way round the southern island of Aus. I just got back from an 1800 k round trip on the oldest triple that is being ridden currently in Australia ( I hear there?s an older drummer but it was only seen being trailered to a show )
A wet and windy trip down to Broadford for the last round of the 2019 BEARs championship. 1111 carried one of the team members of the championship winning Team Redax. What a top weekend it was a total of four Laverdas out on track at the same time simply awesome.
The trip back saw 1111 joined by Tom who decided to give up travelling with the others and come and watch some racing and get on the piss with the Vic?s oh and that he did, well so did Team Redax also just quietly on Saturday night.  So Sunday arvo a couple of dusty 3C pilots left we and headed for home via some B roads into the hills. Tom ( hmm if it wasn?t for bad luck he?d have no luck at all it seems)
got a flat rear lucky it was in a small turn with a pub so we found a motel and went to the rubbery dub dub
This morning 1111 doubled as a rescue vehicle and took Tom and his wheel on a 70 k round trip to get the tyre sorted. Meant a late start but we had a cracking run through Northern Vic to Corryong then down across the border and lunch at Tumbarumba. The owner asked if the others were coming esp the two with the. If appetites sadly we told her that this year there?s only two of us playing in the Snowy. Vince the food was great you would have enjoyed it so told her you?ll be there next year so she can stick up for you😃
Thank god that was the only issue Tom had and his 3C seems to be bedded in and running better than ever. He?s pinched a set of my stainless Jota cans till he gets a set from Malcolm of his own. Silly duffer should have done that when he was in the UK
Oh well thems the breaks
Back home and all?s well with the mighty drummer so it?s ready for a well deserved oil change.
Reckon it?s booked a slot for next years Snowy run as long as BEARS doesn?t clash oh hell if it does then I?ll just combine the two 🤔 seriously what were you thinking not attending one of the best weekends of racing ever. 4 Lavs in full cry around Broadford it just doesn?t get any better. Guys Tassie I?m afraid is gunna run a distant second Plus ya missed a top do that the Vics put on at least you managed to avoid the hangover I guess 😃

We are all tucked up in queenstown fully feed and watered speaking of water tomorrow will be interesting btw the heated grips are permenenty on to the max it bearly cracks double digits

Vince said:
We are all tucked up in queenstown fully feed and watered speaking of water tomorrow will be interesting btw the heated grips are permenenty on to the max it bearly cracks double digits
Really its gunna be 37 degrees today what are you talking about. by the way
(needpics) (needpics) (needpics) (needpics) (needpics)

So we will add some of our own from the alternative Snowy weekend shall I

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

Back