bears 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy J

Was certainly going well, but up against a quick rider in Royce Rowe. I met him and the team at the Manx GP a couple of years back. A bloody lucky fella too surviving the demolition of one of my local Authority?s lamp posts when he crashed. I think he plans to return again this year and have another go....

Vince

Quote from that thread on Adventure Rider yesterday, it's on a public forum so I hope I don't get the tell tails comments. Plenty here want to know so here it is.
Quote.
Smarty threw the orange beast down the road into T1 in race 2 today(last race of the day).:muutt
I was on the inside of him so all good for me, but Jardine got run off track (along with a few others) which stuffed their race (No red flag)
He and his entourage were busily replacing all the broken bits as we left the track.:thumb

D

Davo

And Vince, that Laverda you were commenting on in that thread is standard paint for a 1978 Australian Laverda Jota. Shouldn't have a hydraulic clutch but.

piranha-bro2

Vince said:
Quote from that thread on Adventure Rider yesterday, it's on a public forum so I hope I don't get the tell tails comments. Plenty here want to know so here it is.
Quote.
Smarty threw the orange beast down the road into T1 in race 2 today(last race of the day).:muutt
I was on the inside of him so all good for me, but Jardine got run off track (along with a few others) which stuffed their race (No red flag)
He and his entourage were busily replacing all the broken bits as we left the track.:thumb

That's racing - bound to have the odd off - Smarty's record is very good when it comes to keeping rubber side down. Bummer all the same - hope it isn't too severe.

markQLD

Back on track.
Today, Paul happily stepped up as test rider for Redax-Ricondi, out at Queensland Raceway.

Back from 1st session, Paul checks over his Redax-Scorch race bike, Rene. All is go!
ozbears2019-rd2-01_01.JPG

ozbears2019-rd2-02_01.JPG

Heading out in 2nd session on the Redax-Scorch Test Mule
ozbears2019-rd2-03_01.JPG

Signals that Test Mule is go! & oh, wot a sound  (bigthumb)
ozbears2019-rd2-04_01.JPG

Shakedown complete and successful. Load van and back to the shed.
ozbears2019-rd2-05_01.JPG

Did someone say beer?

Round 2 Nationals, next weekend at Morgan Park
http://www.ozbearsracing.com/

AndyW

Hey Mark: are you sure that was Bevelman riding the bike? Looked more like Julian Assange!!

Vince

I was on a job once with a young painter, we got chatting and he tells me he has one. I see a pic, a few years later my Pantah is having some engine work done and there is an Alchemy there as well. Same bike, same owner. A couple of years later I am at the NSW Ducati Club concourse and there is an Alchemy there, meet the owner. Danial, same bloke same bike. There isn't that many. BTW Blabb had one as well. It was called the Bunnings bike, it had a bunch of PVC plumbing tube attached. Don't remember why.

twinweb

was most enjoyable to jump back on again after 6 mths,as most know smarty put mine down the track at mac park turn 1,very pleased with the way it crashed, minimal damage after sliding bout 25 mts( can see repairs in pic) rode true and straight,so happy as,looking forward to work alongside red and brett this weekend ,drink a lot of beer and catch up with me mates

LaverdaIan

+1 to that Paul,
Going to be a great weekend catching up and enjoying the racing..
I'm playing old man duties with Mark, so looking forward to it..

8)

It was good to see a contingent of Queenslander?s here this round when I pulled in after a lazy 801k trip up the road on the trusty RGS  :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.