bears 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinweb

thought id start this off for red.as a few of you know i wont be racing this year due to a new job in the gas fields (2 on 1 off) spent a day at the bosses shed yesterday pulling the motor from the mule so red can give her the once over ,which got me thinking over the last 4 years how fortunate ive been to be involved as part of the redax team ,ive learnt so much from the boss ,allowing me as much shed time as i need(he loses money every time im there!) so a huge thanks to red and max i wouldnt have been able to fulfill  my wish to race without them-so much so that you guys will still have 2 scorches to ogle over as im letting red have the bike for the year so he can run 2 bikes in the team-hopefully will catch up with a few of you at the couple of meetings i can make as a pit bitch-hoping the team has the support of lav people as strong as it has been over the years-where else in oz can you watch a triple race  -and win-fantastic-cheers paul

Kind words Cougar and Bravo for sticking your Scorch into the fray - you're a champ mate.

Red and Max - I do not have enough words to describe their contribution to the world of Laverda and CLQ, suffice to say that without them we would have been in a much lesser place

Bravo to one and all and bring on 2019

Peter
ps: Who's the jockey/caring soul/well balanced unit?

Paul its not gunna be the same in some ways this year without ya racing but then again we will still have the fly in fly out rider to look after. Am sure that he will keep us as busy or more busier as he always finds some way to make work for Red and myself. The amount and level of engineering that has gone into the bikes is amazing and certainly way more advanced/refined that anything that we used to see in the past from any Laverda. I do remember how impressed the Italians were when they were over here at the level of professionalism and quality of engineering associated with the bikes let alone the set up at the Redax H.Q.
Bring on 2019 I say esp the Vic rounds where hopefully not only the Scorch bikes but there may be at least two other Redax engine triples out of track....even if one is a 120 though will be great to see how it goes up against Black Betty which is a trophy winner also.

Viva the Camira reborn Laverda's.

Well said, Paul. Always liked catching up with you at the race meetings. Hope you can make it down on a week off for one of the VIC BEARS rounds. Now, what can i think of to put in the back of Red's van to be transported to or from Qld ...  :D :D :D

Onya Paulo.. always good to see you in the pit.. lots of enthusiasm and positive words. Just looking at the Redax 2019 February picture now.. gotta love those Redax bikes, and the efforts of the whole team.
Sure to be another great year for all I am sure. Hope to see some of it myself, and look forward to catching up with you when I do.

8)

Paul your the real deal, I will always remember that weekend in Reds shed and your rescue mission that day and the late nights on my bike. Bet you get itchy on the coming race days. How are the road bikes coming along?

Well, the cats out of the bag now, so I might as well own up...

Hey Cougar, is it 1 up, 5 down or 1 down, 5 up.  Might take a while to get used to that extra gear..

With the Darwin round, I?ve not been there before.  As Croz once asked, which way do we go round, and what?s the lap record.

Just heading out the door for some more roadwork as I work on my match fitness.

Yogi

Well said Paul and I wholeheartedly agree with Peter.

And was timely that I picked yesterday to drop over to the Redax shed as it's always a pleasure to share some shed space with Paul.
When I arrived, Paul already had the Mule's donk out on the bench and I was soon handed a pen and pad and instructed to jot down a long bloody series of numbers as Red fired off a heap of gauge readings while clocking the cams.
Redax_mule_01.JPG

Today, the boss inspected and passed the crank and gearbox.  (thumbup)
Redax_mule_02.JPG

That extended Redax output shaft has proven to be very successful in supporting the output gear and stopping the end of the main shaft and bush from chewing themselves out.

So, the cases were buttoned back up before beer o'clock.
Redax_mule_03.JPG

While I continued with old bloody Dellorto business on another bench.
Well, until the beer fridge was opened.  8)
Mark

Great stuff pity your not going to be in the seat Paul but I am sure you will only need a sniff of those fumes in the pits to stimulate a late entry.
I am sure the energy required for the season will be met from all the team at Redax and I hope to join you all at the Victorian rounds provided I don't get lost in Europe riding around on my 1200  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Best of luck :D

Pauly
. Work getting in the way of a good time again. In Moranbah to start tonight thinking you might be here but no. Good effort on the bike for the past seasons. Lots of good shit happens in the Redax shed.
All the best for the Laverdas for 2019

Scott

chrisk said:
Column                 
Column
Column
Column
Column
Column 
Column
Column
Column
Column
Column
Column
Column
Column
Column 
Column
Column
Column
Column
Brett

Row Row Row Row Row Row Row Row Row Row Row Row Brett  :D
Really Chris is it that hard  8) hmm not sure who'll be rowing in a couple of months someone has a ferry crossing or two coming up I hear.

Just for you son I have a print screen here  :p :p
normal_2019_EVENTS_CALENDAR_BEARS_Australia_Motorcycle_Racing_Club.jpg

Paul,

a HUGE thanks to you and Yogi (Belinda) for putting the effort in running  your LAVs the last few years.
I was magic to see you and your LAV out on the track and in the pits, they always brought a smile to my dial, and filled a great many memory cards with photos along the way.

As Peter has said, all with the superb support of Red and Maxene. 

Stop it!

Is the Redax team going international with Scorchies and guest riders?  Will buy shares in yours Pauly

Good luck to Andrew Smart and the Redax team at McNamara Park this weekend. Sorry I couldn't make the trip this year.
Cheers to Rick and Matt too.
Qualifying looks good so far...

http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/2019/EASTER/EASTER19_Q06.pdf

Good stuff. After Q2 looks like Smarty'll have Balestro right on his cloaca in F4! 0.030 sec behind!!!  Two Trumpets and a Lav fighting out for line honours in F4.

http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/2019/EASTER/EASTER19_R06.pdf
http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/2019/EASTER/EASTER19_R14.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back