What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?

Sold in Australia under MUTT Motorcycles. Be alright for running down the bottle shop.

Sold in Australia under MUTT Motorcycles. Be alright for running down the bottle shop.

has the 750mm high seat option for Cosi...... good stuff!

Mutt motorcycles opened a shop in Mona Vale down the road from me, they lasted 3 months tops.
Their country of origin gives some clue as to their staying power.... :unsure: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

there is a whole glut of companies selling cool looking, often retro 125s for around £2500 - so cheap because they're all built in China. I got that Bullit for £1300 1 year old, 2300 miles - a bit scruffy as the first owner was clueless and didn't even clean it. The AJS branded ones are quite nice but they're all look cute, run/ride OK, you can tell they're cheap once you get close up!

Update regarding the 750 with the hammered valve stems:

Yesterday at noon I started to revive the patient together with Alex the owner and Reinhold alias "Pilot" in an very old ex. wagon factory.

We have renewed valves, valve springs, camshaft (7/1) and the rocker arm including screws.

It was very easy to do with the hot/cold method:
1. step - camshaft in freezer, bearing in the oven => mount both
2. step- camshaft incl. bearing in the freezer, head in the oven
- assemble each - done
In addition, it is particularly important to have a good connection to the housewife so that you can "abuse" the stove and freezer.

Then it went on with the piston pin bearings, which were extremely worn. A madman had once pressed them in with brute force and left deep marks. With our method, changing the bearings is very quick and very accurate. We wiped the game of the bolts down to +/- 0.

Then the pistons got new piston rings (80.0) and the cylinder liners were only minimally honored.
On the occasion we increased the cylinder capacity from 750 ccm to 2 x 0.5 liters = 1000 ccm = (see picture ;)).

When assembling the engine with a new camshaft chain, we installed wire brackets in the top of the head so that the oil supply is secured in the upper horizontal oil channels that lubricate the camshafts.

When installing the motor, the correct fine-thread screws were finally used. When adjusting the valve clearance and the ignition, we found that the TDC markings on the freewheel were not correct - it was loose and the wedge in the crankshaft had sheared off.

At 5 o'clock in the morning we were finished with the work and the installation after about 17 nonstop hours.
It was a great action in a great location with good blues music (thanks to STAR FM "Blues") and nice friends.

The "Black LAVERDA" is a wonderful bike.

Thomas aus LAU

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 59
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 61
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
That little bikini looks like it might actually deflect a little wind. Neat.
Yes it does, not as much as a fairing. I'm happy with it. :)
I initially put it on to give the stuff above the head light a bit of protection.
Got it from Motociclo in Sydney, its for a triumph thruxton needed to modify the mount brackets.

Nice work on the black SF C-rep. Were you able to guarantee that the new small end bushes in the conrods were perfectly parallel? I prefer to do that out of the bike in a machine shop and have them certify that big and small end are spot on parallel.

Nice work Thomas, very cool indeed and what a great workshop, killer bandsaw you got there (y)
Love the old belt drive gear.
And on top of that good blues playing:)
Thats the way to get stuff done.
Very impressive.
Cheers
Tom

Reactions: Jo
Back