NALOC updated logo design ideas

No argument there. The final design is with a cap N. Like this.

capN.jpg

Just being pedantic, and feel free to tell me to pull my head in as it's none of my business ...

It's a nice logo and looks cool, but if you're trying to replicate the Laverda logo font, then the C in NALOC is at odds. It's different from what I'd expect a C to look like in Laverda logo font. It has square corners whereas other curved letters in the Laverda logo don't have square corners. R and D for example. The G in Mirage also has rounded corners.

Dellortoman said:
Just being pedantic, and feel free to tell me to pull my head in as it's none of my business ...
Whaaat? You, Cam-pedantic? :eek:
But you do make a good point-rounded font may 'soften' up the image & increase appeal

I've been cramming at work this week, I can get to this over the weekend.
The font choice started out as one that was off the shelf and was close to the 750/1000 side cover style with the hard corners. That evolved to a stronger italic lean and the Laverda logo A and a cap N of the round badge, no longer the side cover.

The typography of the Laverda logo on the round tank badges is a much better execution. If you look closely at the long, modern version you can see the "R" and "D" are rather sloppily rendered in comparison to the uniformity of the round badge design.

16a947e1c46eeda48acde6cab0560603.jpg

images.jpg

I'll take a whack at it tho so we can decide. I haven't found a vendor that will keep the cost of the shirts in any color under $19 US excluding shipping, but I will keep looking. I haven't sent a design out for samples yet either, but I am stoked so many of you are interested. I'm not looking to profit from this venture at all, we will all get them at cost for a good quality printing job on a good quality cotton shirt. We can put it to a vote once I put the rounded corner version together.

Go out and ride!

I agree, pull your heads in Cam.  ;)

I like it how it is.

I have a mate here that does good quality screen printing on good T's, with the exchange rate, he'd be nearly 25% cheaper than your blokes over there.
Besides, our shipping rates aren't nearly as ridiculous, as yours to here!

Still looking for an easy way for you all to order direct so you can choose color and size. Suddenly up to my neck in work. I'll keep you all posted here when I get the storefront figured out.

Hello Folks,
Sounds like you have finalized on a design but I just saw the Logo ideas yesterday and I put my two cents into Photoshop and modified these ideas a bit.
Using the Laverda name/font, I modified it a bit to spell NALOC.

The images are in the Gallery at: http://www.laverdaforum.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10265

I think incorporating the badges into the design is great! But I wonder if the detail in these images is too complex to render with silk screening. Maybe I am too dated and a digital printer can handle these details.

I did not do this in my images but was wondering about running the Green, White and Red colors as stripes through the text NORTH AMERICA LAVERDA OWNERS CLUB. 
So the top third of all the text is GREEN, the middle third is WHITE and the bottom third is RED.

Two things about this idea:
1. This might cause a headache to keep these colors in register with each other. Again old school thinking  (see above)
2. This could decrease the legibility of the text. Personally I think the White text on a Black T is most legible. And looks best with White NALOC text.
Another idea for coloring the text is to color in groups of three; first group Green, second group White and last group Red.

anyway here are my take on your previous ideas. I hope I am not stepping on any toes, I just saw this yesterday.
Larry

The one with North America in the badge. Then we can walk around with stick pins stuck in to mark where you are from[and hold the shirt in place!]

About the North America version, I couldn't find the original I did for Bob Andren and finally got around to recreating it.
I have a prototype shirt made and when it gets here I will take some photos...

Here is the logo.
normal_NALOCLavTILTShirtsv5.png

Back