Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)

New LH brake disc arrived from Metal Gear today - not bad seeing I only ordered on the weekend. I didn?t cheap out, some other fuckers bought all of the RH ones  :LOL:

IMG_9189.JPG

So nice to have a bike that stops without a comedy pogo act at every set of lights. Might make riding to the Rydalmere wastelands easier.

Bring on more spring riding!

cbertozz said:
I bought this lot from a mob in UK I haven?t used before so let?s hope it?s legit.
https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/

That "mob" is Andrew and Christine Jones, well-known to us UK Ducrappi owners.  They bought the company off John Fallon several years back now, when John decided to concentrate on selling bikes - John is 'Made in Italy Motorcycles'.

You'll have no problems with them.

Ventodue said:
That "mob" is Andrew and Christine Jones, well-known to us UK Ducrappi owners.  They bought the company off John Fallon several years back now, when John decided to concentrate on selling bikes - John is 'Made in Italy Motorcycles'.

You'll have no problems with them.

Good to hear. Mob is a term of endearment!

cbertozz said:
New LH brake disc arrived from Metal Gear today - not bad seeing I only ordered on the weekend.

I'm a satisfied customer of Metal Gear too. They're a good bunch to deal with. Their prices are reasonable, and they get the stuff to you very quickly.
I ordered a rear sprocket for my Benelli triple on Friday last week. It arrived on Monday and I put it on the bike yesterday (Tuesday). It's a nice looking sprocket, very well finished with large holes in it to lighten it. Looked too nice to put on the bike.

I've bought disks from them in the past. Same story - quality product at a reasonable price and fast delivery.

Called them today, turns out their website is wrong and they do have lots of RHS so one winging its way to me now!

Will the magician helped get the bike running cleanly and pulling like a train today and hopefully no longer fouling plugs! He changed the jets which were originally set up for racing and tweaked the ignitech mapping. Result - amazing!

cbertozz said:
He changed the jets which were originally set up for racing and tweaked the ignitech mapping. Result - amazing!

I don't understand?? Why would jets set up for racing not function on the road? Haven't you been blasting all over the countryside on your fab Jota since you headed east - with no mention of crap running? Nevertheless, excellent to hear that the lads have got the beast purring. Just curios ....

Piranha Brother 2 said:
I don't understand?? Why would jets set up for racing not function on the road? Haven't you been blasting all over the countryside on your fab Jota since you headed east - with no mention of crap running? Nevertheless, excellent to hear that the lads have got the beast purring. Just curios ....

The issue was the bike not pulling through 5500rpm, we realised was more to do with the fact that we'd changed the timing and not updated the map accordingly which Will very kindly fixed.

The bike was running very rich though, and this is the reason apparently. What would I know  :LOL:

IMG_9214.JPG

Were you running one of those Elf racing fuels? With those mains and your 17-litre carbon tank no wounder your range was short.

If you had of been riding up the front of the mob..... I?m sure it would of been picked up a lot earlier than now  ::)
Anyone behind you would certainly have a bad case of stinging/watering eye  :eek:
Economy should improve as Vince alludes to.

Piranha Brother 2 said:
They would function just the same. I thought that this bike had been on a dyno, and full throttle work is usually the main reason for using a dyno, to avoid a bike in the crusher and no licence. There is no way a street motor like this could need that size main jets. But then again we keep seeing people change main jets when trying to get their bike to idle better.

it was confirmed a long time ago, by a highly skilled formula 1 engine builder, using temperature recording stickers, that the centre cylinder does not run hotter than the other two, so no need for a larger main jet if the 188 was in the centre carb, but 170/188 is not the largest that I have heard of, which was 240, and that bike did not have a 44mm headers, three into one open mega, 12.5:1 pistons and 38mm carbs!

roll over the last of the Mancunian North American Indians!

CLEM

I knew that would raise an eyebrow or two  :eek:

Anyway all good now expect woke up this morning with a puncture and getting that fixed took up any spare time I had today.

Found some time before dinner and decided to fit the chain guard again as Marty mentions it every time we ride. By the time I went to fit the wheel it?s getting dark and I failed spectacularly to get it back on, caliper was tricky with the extra spacer. Try again fresh in the morning.

IMG_9217.JPG

Back