Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)

Piranha Brother 2 said:
Yes, Paul! Indeed - they brought humans with them! The worst pest of the lot.

No, the humans were already there.
They don't all go about, intent on flattening every thing they approach.

Paul

Morning coffee @ Stanwell Park

IMG_9062.JPG

A bit of rivet counting yesterday. Grateful thanks to Team NSW Laverda, a huge amount of stuff got done on my bike mostly while I made the tea and passed the hammers. Have never seen the inside of a starter clutch before, my springs were toast but replaced with some more robust items with some tricky wrist action from Chris to put it all back together again. Will?s computer came out and tweaked a few things as well. The bike now full of Martys special oil which I promised to keep a better eye on! What a club! Raining today :|

IMG_9153.JPG

In an attempt to make the bike more presentable for summer starting to find a few bits and pieces.

Unifilter Australia sell direct to the public so have ordered some black filters to replace the green.
l_rp4-4.jpg

Some new handgrips needed also.

Would be great to get rid of the crappy Tarozzi rearsets too!

First things first need to sort out the bikes range by bringing the original tank back into service.

Also a good excuse for a new paint job.

IMG_9159.JPG

Also a good opportunity to get that tail replicated.

Don't know whats worse push starting bikes or running out of juice, smart move on both. I watch Marty do my starter clutch a while ago, tricky little job that.Its a nice little loose association of like-minded individuals we have. But not a club.

cbertozz said:
In an attempt to make the bike more presentable for summer starting to find a few bits and pieces.

Unifilter Australia sell direct to the public so have ordered some black filters to replace the green.
l_rp4-4.jpg

I recently bought their black filters - will definitely look more presentable than the greenies. I'm considering making a 'shield' to effectively seal the area behind the carbs with battery and elecs ... might even function as a leaky still-air box!

Piranha Brother 2 said:
I recently bought their black filters - will definitely look more presentable than the greenies. I'm considering making a 'shield' to effectively seal the area behind the carbs with battery and elecs ... might even function as a leaky still-air box!

Will be interesting to see that.

Sense of deja Vu as the bike won?t pull cleanly through 5,500rpm, it?s like it?s on the rev limiter. It?s almost exactly the issue I had when I first got the bike which was solved by some basic fiddling with the ignition curve. Put the map back in that I was using then but no joy. Going back to the last but one tomorrow to see if that makes any difference. Might see if Will can work his magic with his ?puter.

spill the beans for us (in UK) and tell us where you got the hose, I bought a big roll of it from a Fiat dealer and it changed  from green to a blue colour while in storage, I still have loads left and its OK as a fuel line, but I would not put any of it on a Laverda,it was a bad buy, I hope this doesn't affect you.
CLEM

I bought this lot from a mob in UK I haven?t used before so let?s hope it?s legit.
https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/Cav1.html

I bought previously from
Bevelheaven and although Steve?s service is great the price and shipping was a lot higher.

cbertozz said:
I bought this lot from a mob in UK I haven?t used before so let?s hope it?s legit.
https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/Cav1.html

I bought previously from
Bevelheaven and although Steve?s service is great the price and shipping was a lot higher.

I have bought quite a bit of gear from this mob, including their fuel hose which has been on my Jota for a couple of years now, and yes it goes hard eventually and changes colour over time like the rest of them. Over all I'm happy with the product and would use it again.

Is2 said:
I have bought quite a bit of gear from this mob, including their fuel hose which has been on my Jota for a couple of years now, and yes it goes hard eventually and changes colour over time like the rest of them. Over all I'm happy with the product and would use it again.

Good to hear. Even the stuff from Bevelheaven discolours, I think our fuel is to blame, but it's remained fairly malleable but I replace it every year or two.

Ridiculous quote for tidying up the bodywork and painting the bike today. Might just end up getting the steel tank done to match the orange of the tail and leave it at that - might take you up on that offer TC, wont cost me in time or petrol what he was asking! Have arranged with Handycraft fibreglass to look at what they can do with the tail and making a new one. Their prices are pretty good.

Back