Ferns in S A ?

Vince

Good luck, hope it does the trick. Seems the Sky idiots think its overkill, not a Dr amongst them but they are experts

Legs

No Andy, they are taking it very seriously.
Don't listen or watch those heel-clicking right-wing wankers on Sky Vince, zero credibility ;)

piranha-bro2

Legs said:
No riding in SA for at least six days, in full Covid lock-down.

Six days!! Try the three months we just went through in Melbourne!! Hope they can get on top of your outbreak pronto.

I just can't believe it every time Media Watch post something of those halfwits on Sky extolling their total bullshit. Media Watch is my only exposure to it ... last week they had them sounding like Trump's inner armed sanctum of assault rifle toting halfwits, crying foul about elecetion fraud!! I personally think it should be illegal to televise such dangerous misinformation.

Yes, they will taker it very seriously, Andy, because the alternative is not pretty. Virtually every one of us on the forum is in the ripe age bracket to go down from this thing. But we're just old farts and expendable in the interests of ...

Legs

I personally think it should be illegal to televise such dangerous misinformation.
Turnball and Rudd have started a petition against the Murdoch empire 500.000 signatures so far.
Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt, Chris Kenny and the rest of them are absolute tossers, those three have already been done for defamation several times.

AndyW

Legs said:
Turnball and Rudd have started a petition against the Murdoch empire 500.000 signatures so far.

Ah yes, a classic case of the Left whinging about the Right and rounding up 500,000 of their lefty fans to support their views. Democracy happens every once 3 yrs in this country so mb Labor can take it to the next election as a manifesto promise for the whole of the electorate to vote on...

Vince

There is that WORD, dragged out when nothing else can be thought off. whinging
You wouldn't be whinging about whinging, would you? Vacuous isn't it.

AndyW

Vince said:
There is that WORD, dragged out when nothing else can be thought off. whinging
You wouldn't be whinging about whinging, would you? Vacuous isn't it.
No Vince, I wouldn't: just restating the facts...

piranha-bro2

My argument and that of Rudd and Turnbull and the 500,000 who signed is that democracy is not served (in fact it is distorted and polluted) by people who own very large media corporations. I didn't realise that being wealthy gave you the right to effectively convert your ONE vote into millions by enabling you to spread bullshit via your media monopoly.

I'm butting out of any further discussions on this.

motoddrob

You can't blame Murdoch and the idiots on Sky. It's the idiots that Liston to and believe the bullshit they spew out that's the problem.
Alot of people out there can't think for themselves or read between the lines.
I signed that petition.

piranha-bro2

motoddrob said:
You can't blame Murdoch and the idiots on Sky. It's the idiots that Liston to and believe the bullshit they spew out that's the problem.
Alot of people out there can't think for themselves or read between the lines.
I signed that petition.

So a bit like giving away flagons of port on election day (happened once up in north west Oz at indigenous 'outposts')? Feed your preferred line to the ignorant who also have nowhere else to get their news because there's a monopoly ... and they've been conveniently convinced that the alternative viewpoints based in fact are fake news.

Woops! I said i was going to say no more! That's it. I'm done.

AndyW

Not so fast: just 'cause you've all waited until I've gone to bed before posting your closing comments doesn't mean i'm done! :-*  What irks me are those lackies on the ABC (and BBC too these days) who think it is their moral duty to counter the 'free' press which is indeed largely centre-right in ownership and reflects their outlook. The ABC/BBC journos would gain a lot more credibility if they stuck to their Charter and reported/presented unbiased news stories. The trash from Murdoch I can take or leave (largely leave), however, I'm obliged to pay for the the counter bile from the ABC through my taxes. The more the ABC journos spout their lefty 'opinions' on a taxpayer funded platform the more inclined I am to agree that the ABC should also be privately funded. Will be interesting to see if a petition gets up for that one: where do i sign? >:D >:D
How are the ferns looking? :D

chrisk

AndyW said:
Not so fast: just 'cause you've all waited until I've gone to bed before posting your closing comments doesn't mean i'm done! :-*  What irks me are those lackies on the ABC (and BBC too these days) who think it is their moral duty to counter the 'free' press which is indeed largely centre-right in ownership and reflects their outlook. The ABC/BBC journos would gain a lot more credibility if they stuck to their Charter and reported/presented unbiased news stories. The trash from Murdoch I can take or leave (largely leave), however, I'm obliged to pay for the the counter bile from the ABC through my taxes. The more the ABC journos spout their lefty 'opinions' on a taxpayer funded platform the more inclined I am to agree that the ABC should also be privately funded. Will be interesting to see if a petition gets up for that one: where do i sign? >:D >:D
How are the ferns looking? :D

If you don't like the tripe coming from the AB friggin C, as I see it, you have two options:
1: Change channels
2: Take your stance by not paying your 19.2 cents per day

Neither option will matter one iota to them though ;)

Vince

I am thinking someone needs a 6 month holiday in BOOB, millions inconvenience, almost serious public order issues with understandable panic buying all from one individual BULLSHITTING. Unbelievably dumb. This lye had the Medicos believing this dickhead caught the virus from 10 minutes buying a pizza in a one of exposure making it incredibly virulent, and in reality he was working in the shop for days at a time making it just a typical case of Covit.

AndyW

So you both associate the Lefty ABC with bad news? Interesting: it seems we are in agreement after all!! :D :D