Motodd

Which of these would you like to own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes the MklV had true rising rate front suspension with anti dive built into the geometry. A great machine to push hard on - to me this was the pinnacle of the "Saxon/Motodd" range - but expensive and time consuming to produce.-  The best (IMHO) road model is a 1200cc 180? in a Mklll chassis. - Regards - Phil

thankyou laverda bomber ,over the winter I will be putting a single seat and astralites on her and maybe a halve twin headlight fairing but not sure on the latter.
regards andy

Hi Andy
Both good choices IMHO. I was thinking that the seat didn't suit it but didn't know why and reckon a bikini fairing ( who knows what design) would suit it. Twin headlight sounds good. I e has Boba make up a carbon twin headlight Martin fairing for my Martin and I reckon it will look grouse!!
At the end of the day everyone else's views don't count for much do they as long as it get your rocks off.

The bike is looking awesome Rob you have set the bar bloody high there..... I am still eagerly awaiting the return of my top end from Keefy weefy,s shop in Bonnie Scotland.... head rebuild F1 cams and re-bored 1200 with a nice shiny set of the new high comps... I splashed out on  a ignition setup from sachs with my own modified zrx 750 alternator.... I think I'm using the same fairing as you 750 Zane??? and I an going to fab a seat unit out of aluminum.... I have a set of Leo Vince titanium cans off a duke  so a bit of trickery with the welder required there too.

andyp said:
I think I'm using the same fairing as you 750 Zane???

Nope, not a Zane fairing. It's an Oz compliance 916 fairing that came with a square headlight fitted to the early 916s before the twin h/l were legal. They were made by the Oz importers out of carbon but the bikes were sold with the original twin headlights and top half fairing as well. At first I liked it as it didn't look like a bloody ducati from the front but then I decided I didn't like the square h/l so for this rebuild had planned to make a new fairing with all the other bodywork but I'm well over making plugs/molds and carbon pieces so I took the easy way out and gave it a nose job so now it sports 2X50mm projector lens lights.

Ooohhh missus.... well thats ok then so no one can say I copied Rob lolz.... Id love to know a bit more about the CF molding process tho if you get time to update with that it would be good.

andyp said:
Ooohhh missus.... well thats ok then so no one can say I copied Rob lolz.... Id love to know a bit more about the CF molding process tho if you get time to update with that it would be good.

What is it you want to know?? making plugs, molds and laying the CF or just the CF process? My advise would be to contact Boba :D If I had of known what was involved I wouldn't have started :D
Can post pics of the of the start to finish process if your interested.

motoddrob said:
Can post pics of the of the start to finish process if your interested.

I am as I am thinking of making a CF copy of the fairing and tank/seat/tail unit on the MG Le Mans to try and get the weight down.

No 2 (White version) for me. No 4 and 5 are very good, but I think Motodd's look better when a bit 'raw/badass' rather than more polished and rounded.

I'd love to ride one - never had the pleasure.

A few more pics.

DSC07508.JPG

DSC07509.JPG

DSC07512.JPG

Liking the mk 5 with the original bodywork.
Has the headstock got the same style of perimeter frame design as the old FJ Yamaha?

Davo said:
I am as I am thinking of making a CF copy of the fairing and tank/seat/tail unit on the MG Le Mans to try and get the weight down.

Hey Davo, having the original bodywork to make the molds from will save a shit load of time. Laying up the carbon can get tricky, the first 2 tank shells I made, though structurally sound the top layer of carbon didn't go as planned. I learnt that I had to nip and tuck to keep the weave square on the compound angles. The 3rd, 4th and 5th tank came out good weave wise but I had problems with the resin going cloudy in a couple of places. Didn't show itself till I sprayed the first layer of clear 2 pac :eek:. I reckon the 6th tank will be perfect with what I know now, too bad there won't be a 6th tank!!

Well I am going for option 4 also,

I was going to add that I didn't like the high up fuel tank look of the others and then Phil went and added his new rendition to fuck me up cos I like that a lot!  Bugger!

Still have to go with 4 though, extremely well proportioned and everything fits together like a production model.

Julian

motoddrob said:
This one!!

P7210386_zps4946821a.jpg

:D :D :D

Now if you used the fuel tank as a ram-air box fed by pipes from the fairing, and had the seat and under seat area as a fuel tank with the battery just above the swingarm pivot you would really have something! 

Regards,
Julian

Back