Critters in the shed

The bad - Currently trying to ventilate the dead rat pong out of my shed.

The good- Mumma black headed monitor has moved into the garden, laid eggs, and baby monitors are cruising around. Trying to get a photo but man are they skittish. Like most men, I need a bigger lens :eek:

More bad - new neighbours have fucking cats, well they now have one cat, and our family of Blue Wrens have disappeared.

I woke up at about 2am last night, switched the light on and saw this little guy clinging to the top of my bedroom curtain. I took him outside and put him on the paling fence outside my back door. He hopped off my hand and hooked onto the rough timber under the top rail. I left him there and went back to bed. He was gone when I got up in the morning, so I guess he flew off somewhere to chase moths. It's the first time I've actually held a Tasmanian bat in my hand. They're so tiny and delicate. Smaller than a mouse and he weighed almost nothing. Cute little critter.

Looks like a bit of curtain fluff and/or cobweb on his right rear foot. I guess he's telling me I should get up there with a vacuum cleaner nozzle.

bat.JPG

Another Great Uncle used to make Iron Bark Railway sleepers by felling trees in The Pilica Scrub and the family went out there when I was a kid. He felled a pretty big tree and it had small Bats in a hollow. So the other day I was working in the shed on the Atlas and heard a bunch of taping and stretching on the tin roof. Thinking it was birds I had a look. it turned out to be quite a big Bearded Dragon catching some Sun. I hadn't seen one in suburbia for 50 years.

Not in the shed but down by the dam. What happens when 2 big males turn up at the same time when one of the girls is ready.
The best action is too big to upload, turned out to be a real biff. Smashed through my fence and broke branches off the apple tree.
These guys are 2m

Attachments

• 20201014_064906.mp4
    20.2 MB
Have dived a heap with seals down south off Esperance and up north off the Abrolhos Islands. They are OK at the Abrohlos as they are all females and just playful. Gotta be careful round Esperance as the males either hold you on the bottom and try to fuck you or they think you are another male and bite the shit out of you. Also the colonies are the main cafeteria for Great Whites so if the seals suddenly disappear ...

Back