For all the new members, how to use the Laverda database Wiki

J

jlo

Hi all,

Give that many members are new on this site and don't know yet how to use the Laverda database Wiki (wiki being the contraction of Wikipedia, the famous online encyclopedia), here are some notices to their attention (please anyone correct my english if necessary):

- To enter Wiki, tap the Laverdapedia adress (http://laverdapedia.com) then click on "Wiki". you then access the main (home) page.

- The menu is on the left, the most important part being "Content" for all english speaking people. Of course, as this is a multilingual website, french much go to "Sommaire", Italians to "Contenuto", Spaniards to "Contenido", German to "Inhalt" and Dutch to "Inhoud".

- On top of the main page, you will find a very useful resource, a link called "Laverdapedia Index". Click on this one and you will be able to see, in alphabetical sense, all the topics and articles writen in Wiki. Please note that Wiki is far to be finished, this is a very hard and long job, so only the links in blue are active, red and black links are still to be worked on.

- We have worked hard (especially Christiane) to translate the articles in several languages. You will find on top of the articles the author and the translator, indentified by the flag of their countries. Note that, as this is an american site, the english language is identified by the USA flag. English contributors keep the Union Jack of course.

- Using the "Content" link, you will discover the whole menu of the site, in every language.
Examples:
* You want to read technical articles, for example all the possible upgrades on 180 triple engines: go to "Maintain and repair a Laverda", then "Laverda repair and Upgrade guide", then "Upgrades" and finally "1000/1200 Triples 180". You will see all the articles (mainly by Redax) concerning the 180 engine (and chassis) upgrades.
* You want to know what was the total production of Laverda motorbikes?: go to "Laverda" then "Laverda production", you will see the total number of Laverda produced, model by model.
* You want to identify, get the original specs, tolerances, torques, service and maintenance schedules, etc, follow the correct links in the menu through "Laverda and repair guide".
* You need some documentation, user's manual, part lists, workshop manuals, etc, go to "Factory documentation". We are proud to have one of the most complete resource about the oldest models, 1949/67 singles (even if the remaining work is huge!...)

- For the most common question about Wiki, but also about the forum or the gallery, go to the bottom of the menu and check the FAQ pages.

Of course, all is far to be perfect, this is why we need all of you to improve and complete the datas.

Hope this helps,
JLO

I keep asking for new password and wiki keeps sending me back to log in with old password whivck i don t know!Help

Shaun

Back