• Jota2

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • SFCPiet

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Saxon Mottod

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  The half faired bikes are a little quieter, that big fairing acts as a soundbox and amplifies any mechanical noise and it is a crime to cover the engine up  :wink:

Keith.

I have just seen this.
I bought the Difazio from Andy  3 year ago, Its a superb bike to ride.
I did 16,500 miles last year without a problem, only requiring oil and tyres.
MOT time always causes a few comments, but my MOT man knows what he is looking at so it helps.
The only work i have had to do over the 3 years is rewire it and fit a witt ignition, and fit new wheel bearings.   
I have a number of trips pencilled in for this year including the usual pilgrimage to the IOM for the TT & Manx.
                                                safe riding Pete.                                           

Help. I'm feeling more stupid than normal at the moment, I've forgotten how to vote!

Terry

I generally spoil the paper as none of them would pass the fit to govern test.

I think having voted or created the poll I may have a differnt view to you, but if memory serves me correctly there are radio buttons at the top of the posting select one of these and it's done. If this isn't the case then I suggest there's a conspiracy going on.

Come on number 85.

Scrumpy

Thanks for the honor of having "Bike of the Month"

Scrumpy asked if I would post a bit about the Jota.

It was one of three(likely more) imported to the US by the late Lance Weil and sold to the Local Laverda dealer. As imported it was the original silver/black when sold. The owner opted at a later date for a black/orange color scheme and some really questionable mods

The bike was crashed (rider missed a corner) killing the original owner and doing some damage as well. The Jota mufflers being replaced with what Roger Slater was supplying at the time. It was repaired, about 3,000 $ in damage and sold. The second owner blew the motor, breaking the center piston,damaging the crank, took a 1/2 in chunk out of the liner and sort of F##ked it up

The bike then sat abandoned in a adobe shed for years, blown up and unloved :sad: :sad:

Having sold my RGS and wanting another Laverda I came to own it through a friend who bought
it. I think I paid 1,600 for it back in 1998. (have quite a bit more in it by now!!!)
it was a mess when I got it, one step away from the junk yard.

A lot of work has gone into it. The motor is Jota spec, Red Just finished a head rebuild and plug
conversion for me (he did a wonderful job !!). Jota Mondials / 4C ... the usual. I was torn between silver/black  orange/silver when it came time to respray,obviously went orange/silver.

The color is a Lamborghini color, a light metallic orange the frame was powder coated.
running gear is near stock, later thick web wheels, KONI 7610 shocks, Bridgestone BT-45's, steel lines
changed to right side shift. DMCII + addition charging coil solved all the ignition/charging issues

It is basically a stock 1977 Jota with only a few mods. The only issues are a few minor oil
weeps and it is a bit tough to get into fifth, (shifts fine cold buy gets a bit harder at it warms)

Minor claim to fame is that PK  Davies did several laps at Willow Springs on it. The shifting giving some trouble, slowing him down a bit. After looking at the tires it didn't seem to be an issue in the corners.

Thanks again for your votes, the are more photos the members section at coppermine under jota2
http://laverdapedia.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10036

David

Dave,

Many thanks for the detailed information. It made an interesting read which I am sure everybody will appreciate. Sad in one respect but good to see that you have carried out such a magnificent job. You have raised the bar here with this superb backdrop.

Please keep those pictures coming.

Scrumpy

Back