Sidestand Bracket - Kitset now available for shipping

SO....Which way do YOU dangle ?

I ride a BMW and wear boxers.... Since I have bought a Laverda I don't know were to hang my cylinders .

Thanks for All advice

Nervious of Manchester.....

Should just say...... I prop mine up useing a tooth pick..

Got Jim's sidestand bracket today, and it is a VERY nice piece of kit. Someone obviously gave a lot of thought to solving a very mundane problem, so we did not have to, which is good. Whoever did the execution of the piece did a great job, and the stainless plate looks like it would take a nuclear hit before breaking. Used a 2001 Kawi ZX6R sidestand that I got off of Ebay (there are many being offered at any given point) and it works perfectly, and I had no problems with it clearing the pipes. Thanks for doing this Jim......

Same for me, but at the moment it fouls my exhaust system.
Still trying to position everything better.
Non-standard stuff on mine, no fault of the bracket.
I will make everything fit eventually, as it will be a marked improvement on the standard Laverda option in place at the minute.

Fitted mine to the S2, I had to open up the hole to the foot rest mount by about 1mm around part of the circumference, I believe somebody else also had to do the same. ZXR7 side stand fitted, it cleares the exhaust by a couple of mill when raised, excellent. There was however a conflict in operation when the mainstand was fitted which made it tricky to use, so that was removed. The bike looks great leant over, gives it a different stance. :D

Happy Jack 

Did a couple of rides with the new sidestand, and it's REALLY nice not having to get off the bike to put it on it's centerstand every time you have to stop. I have a gate that I need to open each time I ride, and getting off the bike and hoisting the JOTA can be a real pain....Now I merely reach over with my left foot and deploy the stand. I have other bikes that have centerstands, but they are not the fat pig the JOTA is (and I mean that in an endearing, but literal, way)...

The Kawi stand is the perfect length for my bike (stock forks at stock height, Works Performance rear shocks, but eye to eye length is same as stock shock), just right amount of lean. Clears left side muffler by about 1/2 inch when retracted, but did foul retracting tab on centerstand, so I removed the stand, like those above, since I have a paddock stand that can be used if need be....again, thanks to Jim for having these made up, and thanks to all those who contributed towards the ingenious engineering that went into this piece....

Jim
Received my kit and stand today - it looks a great piece of work and I'm looking forward to fitting it.  Thanks very much for the effort and time you've obviously put into this. :D

Hi Bushman,

I am interested in your kit. you?ve got a PM.

:wink:

Regarding this sentence ...

Downside is the centre stand becomes difficult to use, but since you only use it for lubing the chain or changing tires, most people find by shortening the lever arm they can live with the compromise

... you mean that if I install the kit, I will can not use the original centre stand? ... Or I can keep both of them without problem?

I wouldn?t like to desmount one to install the other  :undecided:.

I think the sidestand fouls the centrestand where you put your foot on it.
By shortening that section of the centrestand it does not then interfere with the sidestand.

Which will you use more?
A reliable sidestand, or a centrestand?

On mine I have Jim's sidestand, and a paddock stand in the garage for when I want to remove the rear wheel for example.

I have both Jim's excellent sidestand kit as well as the centre stand fitted. I had to do a minor alteration to the centre stand lever to make the two stands operate independently. I didn't shorten the centre stand lever, I moved it about 25mm forward to clear the sidestand. Er, that's forward when the centre stand is retracted. It would be upward when the stand is deployed. Am I making sense? I think I need a medicinal rum... :undecided:

Cheers,
Cam

Jim, I have sent you a PM to be sure about the right kit I need.

A - RIGHT-HAND GEAR CHANGE, FOOTPEGS
B - RIGHT-HAND GEAR CHANGE, REAR-SETS
C - LEFT-HAND GEAR CHANGE, FOOTPEGS
D - LEFT-HAND GEAR CHANGE, REAR-SETS

My 1000 Jota`80 has right gear shift, and this is the left side of my motorbike, with the brake level and the footrest ...

DSC01279.jpg

Thinking twice, Kit B "right hand gear and rear sets" it looks like the right one for my Laverda  ::).

Back