Quelle largeur de cha?ne pour SF ?

sfcrgs

Petit sondage pour information :

Quelle cha?ne utilisez-vous pour vos 750 SF (marque, type, avec ou sans joint)?
Quelle est sa largeur ? l'extr?mit? des rivets (entre 19 et 25 mm ?)
Fournisseur (Regina, DID, AFAM, autres ?)

Merci d'avance

Do you speak english, if so I can help.

All O ring chain is made by one company where as non O ring is made by many.

There is no problem using a spring clip to join as the plate is a very good press fit but it is important to bring it back against the clip to secure it. You can do this by putting a big hammer behand the chain then tapping the pin ends on the clip side with another hammer. This will jar the plate out against the clip and secure it.

If you want an endless chain it is of coourse available but a pain to put on. You can use a soft link also but again riveeting it properly can be a pain.

Best take a ride over to UK and I will fit a chain without fitting charge, about 55 euros.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your answer!
I seek chains into 530 (5/8 X 3/8) (15,875 mm) non 0 ring, with spring clip .
The width on my motor bikes is SF = 22 mm and SFC = 19 mm (no 520 : chain sprocket = 9 mm) .
In France I find only 22,5 mm to 25,5 mm : too broad !

Thank you for your councils

Regards
Bertrand

No problem, the iwis product has a maximum width of 20.90 at the clip, (the widest Part), and also is very strong, 27500N compared with DIN of 22400.

A chain will cost ?35 + carriage from me, I will try to get a price for shipping, although you should be able to source in France. Try www.iwis.com for stockists. You need to ask for chain ref M106SL although most stockists will not sell to bikes it is worth checking.

In UK there is a nickel plated version of this chain with the same dimensions that is very popular as it does not corrode and can be used in all weathers. This is ?55 per chain.

I have many bike friends in Bernay and if you ever come to UK you are welcome to visit, I have a 1200 Bandit.

Andy

DHL 2-5 day courier will cost ?20.

So all in the standard iwis will be ?55 and the nickel plated ?75.

The Euro and ? are equal. I do not take cards but cash in Euros is fine.

Andy

Finalement, heureusement qu'il y a les Anglais...  :-\

patlec said:
Finalement, heureusement qu'il y a les Anglais...  :-\

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bon, je veux bien donner les renseignements, moi, mais faut que je fouille dans les cartons, car comme d'hab, Breganzette est en vrac ... :D

PS : Faut que je traduise en anglais ce que je viens d'?crire ?  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No problem, my friends in France often tell me that getting the correct chain for classic and old bikes is difficult.

I would like to do some bike shows and jumbles in France so if you know of organisers please refer them to me.

Andy

The Chain Man.

I know a little about the product as I was MD of iwis in UK and worked for them for 30 years.

Pour info : j'ai enfin trouv? (en France ...) un fournisseur de cha?ne 530 en top qualit? (platinium), pour un prix abordable, ? condition de prendre une couronne (512 maillons), c'est "pilpoil" de quoi ?quiper trois de mes 750 en cours de restauration .
La cerise c'est que la largeur est de 19 mm ... :D

There is an iwis product with the same narrow dimensions as before but in nickel plated version. This chain can be ridden all weathers and will not corrode. It is very popular here in UK. Cost would be ?40 -45 plus carriage.

Look at the web site www.iwis.com. It has the same dimensions as ref M106SL.

Andy

Hi Andy,

You can have a chain 530 " platinium" (nickel plated) 19mm IWIS, and 104 links for 40 ? ?
And how much for the delivery in France?
Thank you
Bertrand

Hi Andy,

On the SFC this chain is very well on the level of the assembly, but? not to roll !  :mad:

For 15 minute of circuit in Trofeo Rosso, it was necessary to make 3/4 of turn with the tensioners?

Have you another solution for my project SFC Elettronica (520 ?)

Best regards

All chain form the "box" will elongate initially so it should settle in. It has a chromised pin so unless you go to O ring 520 you will have a problem.

I use the same chain on my 1200 Bandit and it has done around 5000 miles at high speed, up to 145 mph and the bike has over 110 bhp.

Going to a 520 will have no advantage and in theory will have some disadvanatges. I will send a standard iwis chain next week.

Andy

Back