Merry Weihnachten - ?h - Fr?hliche Christmas... oder so...

J

Jezebel

K?stlich!
Schade da? man halt wirklich beide Sprachen k?nnen mu?, sonst k?nnten unsere monolingualen Briten, Amerikaner, Kanadier oder Australier auch dr?ber lachen

Gerald

and now we are schlau!

Meine pers?nliche Lieblingssendung zu dem Thema ist "Weihnachten bei Hoppenstedts" von Loriot.

Gerald

H

henwilv

Wau Leute, es ist noch nicht Dezember --- Geduld!!!
Henry
Der ZWEIsprachige S?dafrikaner

milan

Hallo Lothar, and especially Jezabel.
There are also people on this forum that speaks both German, English, and some other European languages.
maybe there is also some people from England, Australia and other English speaking countries, that can understand the little song.
Not every Englishman is monolingual.

By the way, froechliche Weichnachten.

I srecni bozicni i novogodisnji praznici.
Milan :)

J

Jezebel

Hello Milan, and all others

If you carfully read my mail and try not to misinterpret anything, I did not want to say that "all" English, British, Canadians and Australians are monolingual. This is not what I said. In mathematical/logical terms you could say I used an implication not a tautology.

I just feel sorry for those who actually are - and it is still a fair percentage I'd say - and thus can not laugh about this lovely joke.

Trust me, I am well aware that there are people on this list who speak several other languages. Languages I would love to be able to understand, read, write, speak...
Unfortunately I have not managed to learn any Eastern-European language yet, and I mainly blame my lazyness for it, as in present times where I live and used to work this would be really beneficial.

But I think that Lothar and I'm sure also Henry plus maybe a few others might back me up, clarifying that I did not want to insult anyone. I am definitely the last to toffee-nosed in this respect!

Cheers
Christiane

Laverdalothar

100%, Christiane!

But also no reason to apologize: I think it is common understanding, that Americans, Canadians and Britts that speak more than one language are more rare than Germans or Austrians speaking more than one. That does not mean they are worse than we are - simply the need of learning several languages is missing for those people, as English is the world-language and is spoke nearly in ANY country. I had several discussions with my american team mates and they always said that they are very sorry for not speaking more than english and that they really are surprised that any time we had an international meeting, the french people could talk 3-5 words in German at least and vice versa and nearly anyone from europe was speaking at least 1 foreign language and could at least some "hello, how are you"s in several languages (italien, spanish etc. etc. etc.). One of the americans said: "Well - you know: we can fly several thousand miles, move between several time-zones and when we exit the plain, we are still in USA and everyone is talking English. In Europe, if you fly 2 hours, you crossed 5 countries and 3 languages in the same time-zone...". That is quiet true I would say...

milan

Well, I did not mean to insult anyone either, so no apology is needed, and I"m sure, a s Lothar pointed out that most people whose language is English, rarely bother to learn any other language.
For most of us (at least) in ex Yugoslavia, presently Serbia, learning foreign language is a must, and I was fortunate enough to manage to learn, English and German ( \the later one little bit worse, therefore my maybe to harsh judgement).
The joke is really fun.
Apologies from me.  :D

Robjota

Hallo ... Aber eine ?bersetzung der Arten ist nur ein Klick entfernt, seine immer interessant zu sehen, was euch sprechen und ich hoffe, dass ich dont dazu f?hren, dass jede Straftat

Mit besten Gr??en
Rob

The Christmas poem
When the snow wonderfully appropriate,
And the children are happy,
When the ice on the street,
And we all need a mulled wine,
Then you know, as far as it is:
She is here, the Christmas season!
Every car park is busy
Because people drive now,
All to Kaufhof, Media Markt,
Wars nearly heart attack.
Shopping hirnverbrannte things
And the Christmas bell rings.
Mother bakes in the kitchen,
Chocolate, nut-and Mandelkeks
Daddy in the next room,
Decorate a giant Christmas tree
He is hanging on the balls
Then he heads from the event ...
Finally the Kinderlein
Rooms come to the purely
And it sings the family
Certainly review: "Oh, Christmastree!"
And the everyone in the house
Is packing the gifts.
Mom finds under the fir
A BrandNew Teflon pans
Dad gets a tie and socks,
Everybody does rejoice.
President speaks on TV,
All around is harmony
Until mother in the kitchen runs
In the furnace burns Weihnachtsgans
And so comes the fire
With Tatu, therefore tata
And they bring a long, long hose
And a long, long head, too.
And they write - "water march!"
Christmas is now in the .... Bucket!
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas,
Hear the music, see the lights.
Merry Christmas everyone ...

Gerald

Rob,

I would say that you cracked the Da Vinvi code of German-English translation :D

Perhaps your source can reveal what Lili Von Shtupp meant when she offered Bart
another "Snitzengruben"  ???

Please enlighten us!

Gerald

J

Jezebel

robjota said:
Hallo ... Aber eine ?bersetzung der Arten ist nur ein Klick entfernt, seine immer interessant zu sehen, was euch sprechen und ich hoffe, dass ich dont dazu f?hren, dass jede Straftat

Mit besten Gr??en
Rob

???
Yeah, but...  :(

Soon as it is translated, especially through Babelfish - because that is what it looks like - it is not at all funny anymore...
oh, well, or... maybe even more?
Anyway...

Oops...
Also eigentlich sind wir ja hier in der "deutschen" Untersektion >:D

Und weil wohl kaum einer von uns im Moment sein Eisen ?ber die schwer gesalzenen, matschigen oder eisglatten Stra?en bewegt, m?ssen wir halt vor dem Computer sitzen und doofe Dinge weiterleiten... Irgendwas braucht der Mensch schlie?lich, oder?

Wobei: Also laut motomania rutscht Harry ja auf den Knien um seine Einfahrt eisfrei zu machen, oder?

Robjota

Hi Gerald
I think she was offering to smoke his Snitzengruben, but we'll never know because she had her lips on his ear  :eek: what do you think?

Hi Gerald
Ich glaube, sie war mit zu rauchen Snitzengruben sein, aber wir wissen nie, denn sie hatten ihre Lippen zu seinem Ohr :eek: Wie denken Sie dar?ber?

Gerald

Hhmm Rob!

I glaube kaum das sie Ihn aufrauchen wollte! Er antwortete  das 10 "Snitzengruben" das Maximum sei was er vertragen kann :p W?re Slim Pickens noch am Leben, er w?sste die Antwort!!

Hhmm Rob!

I don't think that she wanted to smoke him up! He did answer that 10 "Snitzengruben" was all he could handle :p If Slim Pickens was still alive he would know the answer!!

H

henwilv

Kein Afrikaans?
piet

Agha nie, piet, houkom nie? Ons is Boere.
Hennie

H

henwilv

Hey Milan,
where yous from, china? Yous duzzn't writes like a engelsman, mor like a rock spider from the ou Transvaal, ek s?.
Hennie aka Henry

H

henwilv

Jezebel said:
Hello Milan, and all others

If you carfully read my mail and try not to misinterpret anything, I did not want to say that "all" English, British, Canadians and Australians are monolingual. This is not what I said. In mathematical/logical terms you could say I used an implication not a tautology.

I just feel sorry for those who actually are - and it is still a fair percentage I'd say - and thus can not laugh about this lovely joke.

Trust me, I am well aware that there are people on this list who speak several other languages. Languages I would love to be able to understand, read, write, speak...
Unfortunately I have not managed to learn any Eastern-European language yet, and I mainly blame my lazyness for it, as in present times where I live and used to work this would be really beneficial.

But I think that Lothar and I'm sure also Henry plus maybe a few others might back me up, clarifying that I did not want to insult anyone. I am definitely the last to be toffee-nosed in this respect!

Cheers
Christiane

Christiane,
Keine der sagt er Man ist k?nnte vorstellen, ganz zu schweigen sagen, dass du mit absicht jemandem beleidigst. Du bist offensichtlich eine ehrensw?rdige Dame erste Klasse.
Tatsache ist dass die Angelsachsischeswelt lernt nicht gerne andere Sprachen. Sie sind, leider nicht allein. Die Franzosen und Italiener sind nicht besser, aber sie k?nnen nicht sagen dass es ?berall Menschen gibt die Franz?sisch oder Italienisch sprechen, was zB. die Englander sagen k?nnen.
Ich habe Afrikaans und ein bisschen Zulu gelernt aber nach 12 jahre in D ist mein Zulu fast ganz weg und mein Afrikaans so schlimm geworden dass ich nur mit Schwierigkeit sprechen kann. Zum Gluck ist mein Deutsch zu mindest 'n?tzlich' geworden.

Sala gahle  -  totsiens

Henry

Laverdalothar

Mmmhh - ich k?nnte noch mit K?lsch und Bayerisch aufwarten - hilft das in dem Zusammenhang?

Mein ?sterreichisch f?hrt bei Deutschen zu Lachsalven und bei ?sterreichern zumeist zu b?sen Reaktionen - von meinem Schwitzerd?tsch ganz abgesehen. Und den Sachsen nimmt man mir ebensowenig ab wie den Hessen oder den Pf?lzer - vom Schwaben ganz abgesehen. Nord?tsch Platt snaggen kann ick ook an beken.

Aber ich glaube, das reicht nicht f?r eigene Subforen... :angel:

:D

Gerald

Lothar,

Ich warte ja schon seit ewigen Zeiten das sich ein Laverdist aus Luxemburg meldet.
Deren Sprache ist doch die Kr?nung!

Letzeburjesch. . . eis Sprooch.

J

Jezebel

Hi Henry,

danke f?r die netten Zeilen in dem anderen Mail.

Als "echter" Boere, spricht man "nat?rlich" nicht wirklich gerne Afrikaans, ganz zu schweigen von Zulu  >:D Aber ich denke mal das war als kleiner Scherz gemeint!

Milan kommt, w?rde ich annehmen, urspr?nglich aus Bosnien und lebt jetzt in Serbien.
Von den slawischen Sprachen ist Englisch eigentlich meilenweit weg, aber ich habe festgestellt, da? diese Leute h?ufig ein ziemliches Talent f?r Sprachen haben. Liegt wahrscheinlich daran, da? die eigene Sprache schon so schwer ist.

Es ist schon richtig, da? die Italiener und vor allem die Franzosen oft riesige Probleme mit Fremdsprachen haben, wobei es durchaus vor seeeeehr langer Zeit so war, da? Franz?sisch dem Englischen in der Verbreitung ann?hernd gleichgestellt war... La Grande Nation!

Die Italiener waren halt nicht so gro?e Kolonialherren wie die Engl?nder, Franzosen, Spanier oder Portugiesen, aber das liegt wohl auch an der Lage. Daf?r waren sie eine gro?e Handelsmacht.

Lothar, kannst Du "wirklich" Bayrisch? Wo kommst Du denn urspr?nglich her?
Und wieso eigentlich Subforen, ist doch ganz sch?n wenn hier mal ein wenig geplaudert, geschnackt, dr?f?d, pracht, praat, trotscht, g'ratscht... wird, oder?

Gru?
Christiane