Another USA Laverda 1000 in Florida

I don’t understand why people buy these bikes and don’t ride them. If they just like the look of them why don’t they just buy the mini champs version…..🤔

I don’t understand why people buy these bikes and don’t ride them. If they just like the look of them why don’t they just buy the mini champs version…..🤔
Do you not realise that riding motorcycles is very dangerous?
And you get wet, and cold and can't even pick up women like in the past, they've want the comfort of a car. Preferably a black Audi.
And remember, one wouldn't want to wear out an investment, which doesn't even have to function properly, an added bonus.

Paul

The different between a man and a boy is the price of it‘s toy. Size does matter. 😉

Ok, sowhat's a series in 2 worth in Oz.
Anyone have a disc brake 750 (project or not) suitable for soem sort of deal? Not necessary Lav, parhasp a Guzzi?
Been a long Aus day Holiday so off to bed now......

It is actually a deal now at $23,000 as he was asking $26,000 a year ago. Now as having been "restored" by Lance Weil, that can be very good thing or you could end up with a piece of Junk. I knew Lance for many years and lived only a few miles away from his shop when he was in California. He was capable of very good work. But if his bank account was getting low, he would cut corners to get the bike back out the door as fast as possible to get paid. I have seen some very horrible work he had done on bikes leaving a very pissed off customer. He was also famous for charging for new parts that never went in to your motor.

If he was not low on money to pay the rent, there was no one better to work on your Laverda.

Last edited:
Ok, sowhat's a series in 2 worth in Oz.
Anyone have a disc brake 750 (project or not) suitable for soem sort of deal? Not necessary Lav, parhasp a Guzzi?
Been a long Aus day Holiday so off to bed now......
There's a local bloke with a Mk2 Le Mans, sits in the corner. Who wants to pay for it. A good bike. Investment guzzis are the Armadale real estate investment. The social disturbance keeping property prices down will disappear someday...
(for Armadale W.A. read Sydney western burbs.)

It is actually a deal now at $23,000 as he was asking $26,000 a year ago. Now as having been "restored" by Lance Weil, that can be very good thing or you could end up with a piece of Junk. I knew Lance for many years and lived only a few miles away from his shop when he was in California. He was capable of very good work. But if his bank account was getting low, he would cut corners to get the bike back out the door as fast as possible to get paid. I have seen some very horrible work he had done on bikes leaving a very pissed off customer. He was also famous for charging for new parts that never went in to you motor.

If he was not low on money to pay the rent, there was no one better to work on your Laverda.
This was my experience also. He got me to “loan” him my executive handlebar cover and the pad that fits into the cover over the passenger seat to “pull a mold from”. Never saw them again.

Last edited:
There's a local bloke with a Mk2 Le Mans, sits in the corner. Who wants to pay for it. A good bike. Investment guzzis are the Armadale real estate investment. The social disturbance keeping property prices down will disappear someday...
(for Armadale W.A. read Sydney western burbs.)
Yeh, been looking at Guzzis for sale. Certainly seem to be able to get some good bikes for not much money. Obviously certain models attract a premium, but look outside of a Mk1 Le mans or original V7, other models look like some good buying.
(PS - don't really remember writing that post.........)

Back