SF1 seat variations

I’m working on a basket case 1973 SF1 which came with extra parts included were 3 seats
1) bench seat in nice condition according to pictures was usually on the GT model
2) Fiberglass solo racing style seat with longer fibreglass hump with hatch needing new foam , cover and chrome strip. Hump is suffering from some severe road rash .
3) Fibrrglass solo racing style seat on the same base as above but with a shorter hump and hatch . Hump area is about 4 “ shorter than above . Needs foam , cover and chrome trim strip .
Wondering which of these would have been standard in the SF1 and which one I should restore . Thanks Peter

I'm definitely not an expert but as from what I have learned there were quite a few different seats.
1) I don't know anything about the GT seats
2) The long hump and shorter seat is from the SF0 of 71-72
3) The short hump and longer seat is from the SF1 and 2 which would be appropriate for your bike.

Wolfgang may have the chrome strips.

Jim

I have seen more SF1s with long hump, I believe the short hump ‘officially’ came with the SF2.

In any case, the SF1 did come with the glassfibre base buddy seat too.

Marnix

A valuable reference for how the various model Breganze 750 bikes were originally equipped is the Laverda Corse book "Laverda 750 La Diva" which has many of the factory's period studio publicity photos. If you're trying to restore to as-original equipment and condition, its photos can be an inspiration.
(some attractive female models too!)

A valuable reference for how the various model Breganze 750 bikes were originally equipped is the Laverda Corse book "Laverda 750 La Diva" which has many of the factory's period studio publicity photos. If you're trying to restore to as-original equipment and condition, its photos can be an inspiration.
(some attractive female models too!)
It is important to realise that promotional factory photos never showed actual production machines. They usually showed a prototype which was often (slightly) different, which often leads to confusion. The beauty of photos and models certainly is inspiring!

Marnix

Back