Laverda Jota 120° - SFC 750 Style for sale

laverdatriple

Hi there,

I am offering my Laverda 1000 Jota 120 ° from 1982 here.

I bought it in 1997 and it was overhauled a good 5 years ago.
OCT, one of the best addresses for Laverda, has overhauled the engine.
All important things are done. In addition, it has a little more displacement 1060 cc and can now also handle unleaded fuel.
The Mikuni RS carburettors have been individually adapted to the engine on the test bench.

As you can see, I've made it to my liking. To list all the changes would go beyond the scope here. More by mail or phone.
She currently has GSXR 1100 rims installed. Spoked wheels, as in the picture, can be purchased as an option.

The motorcycle has not been moved 5000km since the general overhaul. Most of it was the break-in phase.
That’s why I’m thinking about selling. I just don't drive them enough! It is not easy for me to sell the motorcycle.
But it wasn't built to stand around.

There are a lot of high-quality parts installed and a lot of time, brainpower and heart and soul have gone into it.
Perhaps one of you saw it in Breganze at the 70th anniversary celebration.

The motorcycle located in Germany at the Lower Rhine near the dutch border, is registered (07 collector's license plate) and is ready to drive.
If you need more information contact me.

Make me an offer.

Regards
Peter

Attachments

• Mit Speichenräder Italdag.PNG
    Mit Speichenräder Italdag.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 276
  • 20180416_201529.jpg
    20180416_201529.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 20180416_201537.jpg
    20180416_201537.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 20180416_201620.jpg
    20180416_201620.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 235
  • 20180416_201626.jpg
    20180416_201626.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Amazing the Breganzie Laverda Co. mass produced a Cafe Motorcycle for the public back in 1970 and allowed you to do what ever you wanted to do with them.

Originality and rivet counters be damned. That's what they were design for - Wish some Motorcycle Co's would design a platform like this today.

That blue 120 3 Cyl Jota reminds me of a Ducati 750S or a Darmah - Very nice indeed and praise to the builder.

That little fairing would be useless riding the Cambrian Shield of Northern Ontario where you run before black clouds and sudden down pours - A 3/4 faring works better at keeping your jeans or chaps dry and sails very nice ;o)

Why do I end up Posting in the For Sale Lavarda Dept with Breganzie experience - Other then a Breganzie is a fantastic motorocle !

Good luck with your sale "laverdatriple" but I think you will regret selling her.

An SFC long duration Track Cam Vs Compression Ratio is useless for daily street riding and Road Racing, whether it be a 2 or 3 Cyl Breganzie - There I said it and stick by it !

Last edited:
Amazing the Breganzie Laverda Co. mass produced a Cafe Motorcycle for the public back in 1970 and allowed you to do what ever you wanted to do with them.

Originality and rivet counters be damned. That's what they were design for - Wish some Motorcycle Co's would design a platform like this today.

That blue 120 3 Cyl Jota reminds me of a Ducati 750S or a Darmah - Very nice indeed and praise to the builder.

That little fairing would be useless riding the Cambrian Shield of Northern Ontario where you run before black clouds and sudden down pours - A 3/4 faring works better at keeping your jeans or chaps dry and sails very nice ;o)

Why do I end up Posting in the For Sale Lavarda Dept with Breganzie experience - Other then a Breganzie is a fantastic motorocle !

Good luck with your sale "laverdatriple" but I think you will regret selling her.

An SFC long duration Track Cam Vs Compression Ratio is useless for daily street riding and Road Racing, whether it be a 2 or 3 Cyl Breganzie - There I said it and stick by it !
Nice that you like my motorcycle.

You have not interpreted some of the information about my motorcycle correctly:
- The fuel tank is the standard and not that infinitely long 750SFC tank that you can only drive with the arms of a gibbon.
- A "sharp" camshaft is not installed. Only the RGS instead of the original Jota 120 °
- Yes, it has forged, higher compression pistons. But this gives you a very good torque curve. Always more than 80Nm over the entire speed range. Look to the diagram. Very comfortable to drive.
- A 3/4 panel is not much use for jeans as clothing, unless it looks like that of an E-Glide or Gold Wing.
The SFC cladding protects very well. Not the legs, however.

You are probably 100% right about this: I will regret it!

Regards from Germany
Peter

Attachments

• Leistungskurve Laverda 1000 nach MGM.jpg
    Leistungskurve Laverda 1000 nach MGM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 37
Without a doubt you present a beautiful ride but the question remains "Who wants a Breganzie today, modified or not" ;o(

I really did not succeed much with my modifications other then I did sell her because I was getting too old to ride her guarantying the buyer that she can be returned to original with parts I provided.

Look I got a an original 70 750 SFO - Crap - Missing the point what the SFO was designed for.

Last edited:
Looks like a cracker of a bike to me, well done (y)
Love the earmuff logo on the tail peice, yep, very necessary :)
good luck with the sale, :) :)

Without a doubt you present a beautiful ride but the question remains "Who wants a Breganzie today, modified or not" ;o(

I really did not succeed much with my modifications other then I did sell her because I was getting too old to ride her guarantying the buyer that she can be returned to original with parts I provided.

Look I got a an original 70 750 SFO - Crap - Missing the point what the SFO was designed for.

It is already clear to me that the motorcycle is special and that it cannot be easily sold.
I built it for ME too. But maybe there is someone who is looking for something like that.
That's why I'm asking it here too. Modifications like mine have always been popular so far.
And I found that a great many of them were nowhere near the quality of mine.

It is an attempt. I find it difficult to offer them for sale anyway.
If there is someone who knows how to appreciate it, then I will sell it.
If not, I'll be able to enjoy the bike for longer.

Lovely bike! The only thing I don't like is the oil filter plumbing, but you have obviously built it exactly how you wanted to. Well done, it is a stunner! Good luck with the sale, or if not, many more enjoyable years of riding!

Finding a way to add an oil filter is far from easy, I tried using a cleanable one the size of a cigarette pack behind the oil cooler and above the rocker laid horizontal. It was such a pain to get at I ended up pulling it off. It's really hard to do it and have it invisible and assessable. I gave up and just do plenty of oil changes now.

I love what you've done to the bike, Peter. I understand your problem in offering a modified bike in a market where so many want a certain number of rivets (English slang for 'original' as the factory made it), but hopefully someone appreciates the work and the gains in rideability as a result.

The SF-based bike I'm building will be in a similar category, but I will never have to deal with selling it - my kids might, but not me!!

What are the forks from? It's all good gear you've gone for. I think we were in touch re your swingarm conversion? I ended up going with a Honda alloy item that was longer, to compensate for a shorter wheel base when i steepened the steering head angle.

The fork is a 41,7mm Marzzochi taken from a BMW K1100. Much better built inside than an M1R.
Just no adjustment options.
The swing arm is made from a Zephyr 550 with needle bearings. Similar length to the RGS swing arm, but significantly lighter.

With GSXR rims installed, the whole motorcycle weighs 225kg with a full tank. So it has clearly lost weight!
The goal was to create a significantly lighter motorcycle with better handling characteristics and not to invest any wealth for it. I think it worked out to some extent. I only missed my target by 5kg

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter in fact I think I remember looking over your bike in Breganze in 2019, you have created a lovely sports bike, it would take a long of thinking to get your result, would be great blasting over the Dolomites!!!!!
Good luck.

Who says you can't modify a Breganzie and say she's not original. She was designed to so: Something I wish, more Motorcycle Companies would do today.

Last edited:
Both engine lines go direct to filter housing, and hoses from filter housing go to cooler and back. so I gather there is a series circuit internal of the filter housing.

Hello, yes the 4 hose lines are confused.
If you look more closely you can see the oil thermostat that disconnects the cooler from the circuit as long as the oil temperature of 80 ° is not reached. Works perfectly! The thermostat sits between the filter cartridge and the filter base plate. It's from Mocal

Regards
Peter

Attachments

• 20180416_201620_resized.jpg
    20180416_201620_resized.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 38
Back