750 Replica for sale in Canada

Never mind Terry you will just have to find someone in the UK to build you one. I can start you off with a fairing & screen.

Hey Ron
This is what your bike looks like now. I did a nut and bolt frame up restoration. Everything painted plated polished. Decided to go back a little closer to stock but it does still have your headlight on it. I had the cabs rebuilt and added an electronic ignition and factory style dual exhaust but other than that I didn’t touch the engine. Runs strong had it up to 180 kmh Sunday morning...still pulling when I shut it down due to traffic. Wolfgang was a fantastic help couldn’t have done it without him. So lucky to him here in Canada. Sorry for the thread hijack just wanted Ron to know his SF is alive and kicking!
Tony

Attachments

• A0DA93D5-A6E9-454E-8A25-3DBFCF9722B2.jpeg
    A0DA93D5-A6E9-454E-8A25-3DBFCF9722B2.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 104
  • BA3D0A4F-E45F-496D-B216-848BF356D310.jpeg
    BA3D0A4F-E45F-496D-B216-848BF356D310.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 105
Stunning reco - I hope Ron is impressed and not sad to see the end of his special additions! Bet it doesn't wheelie in 2nd downhill any more ;)

Reactions: T.C
Stunning reco - I hope Ron is impressed and not sad to see the end of his special additions! Bet it doesn't wheelie in 2nd downhill any more ;)
Thank you....no downhill wheelies but may be able to slip a piece of paper under front wheel on the first to second shift if hard on it! :)

Hey Ron
This is what your bike looks like now. I did a nut and bolt frame up restoration. Everything painted plated polished. Decided to go back a little closer to stock but it does still have your headlight on it. I had the cabs rebuilt and added an electronic ignition and factory style dual exhaust but other than that I didn’t touch the engine. Runs strong had it up to 180 kmh Sunday morning...still pulling when I shut it down due to traffic. Wolfgang was a fantastic help couldn’t have done it without him. So lucky to him here in Canada. Sorry for the thread hijack just wanted Ron to know his SF is alive and kicking!
Tony
Best hijack in a long time! Well done!

Jim

The suit case made the bike remind me of this , I kind of miss the suitcase photo, but the bike looks good now too
1625593995507.png

Holy Shit Tony (Crete), I tried to keep you anonymous. Told you she would be easy to restore to original and the engine was strong.

Suggest you change the valve springs out and put in lighter valves slightly over sized with thinner valve guides. You can have Manley U.S.A. make Ultra-Lite valves and tweak the valve seat angles re: Grumpy Jenkin Spec's to hit constant 8000 rpm - Wonderful ;o)

Can't imagine the amount of money you got invested in her.

Be ware of an unexpected wheelie when shifting down from 3rd into 2nd at 7000 rpm at 60 mph going down hill with a tale wind ;o)

180Km is 112mph - She can do 120+ Mph if you have the guts - I know that 70 Breganzie 750 SF0.

Say Hi to Wolfgang from me.

By the way that's NOT the original color, she was Yellow Lime (Burnt Yellow) with paint so thin you could see metal behind it - What can you expect for a Crate Bike and that's no Manitoba plate you have on the back of her ?

What tires are you running ? I would not recommend going over 100 front and 120 rear other words she's a tweaky bitch to roll over. Guess we are stuck with 110 fronts and 130 backs today ;o(

I'm sure that bike will long out live me ;o)

Last edited:
Andy: The guy who bought my bike was of Italian heritage and from Winnipeg Manitoba and his name was Tony - Are we being Spoofed ?

If not it would interesting to know how my bike originated in Italy and somehow ended up in the UK through Canada, considering I sold her 3 years ago !

Yet his story seems real specifically when he discusses the Engine, the Head Lamp and Wolfgang.

The Head Light, Upper Rear Shock Bolt and Bates Clamps on the Fork leg Boots pretty well ensures that it was my Bike.

I can't see the Brass Plug I installed in the front oil gallery to ensure Oil Pump operation and pressure at 3 to 5 PSI.
Do you see that Brass plug:
3674452166_f265d3d862_o.jpg

There should also be a Magnetic Plug which I installed on the oil filter cap the drain Oil.

Nice to see them progressive springs on them Cerrani shocks - I suppose he installed them in the forks as well - Good upgrade ;o)

Plus I would get rid of that generator and replace it with an alternator out a small Japanese car.

The side stand also has a straight bolt in her as I broke off the original tang in a corner one time.

There should also be an improvised nut on the Tomesselli throttle to lock it for cruise control.

And do see the Heat Shrink on that old Tach cable ;o)

Aside from this thread being hijacked by Tony, I wish Henry all the luck selling his SF - She's a beauty.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes Ron it is your SF and it’s in Winnipeg! Good eye Andy it does have a UK plate on it. I took it off my 79 Jota which I purchased and had shipped from the uk a few years ago. I thought the plate looked cool so I mounted it on the SF when It was sitting in my Living room this winter.
I also did a full restoration on the Jota which turned out to be a long and somewhat painful process but cemented my affinity for Laverdas.

Attachments

• B57EF5B9-CB01-4D5D-A5D1-05146BDDA62A.jpeg
    B57EF5B9-CB01-4D5D-A5D1-05146BDDA62A.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 36
Only one of 200 750 SFO's shipped to Canada directly from the Breganzie Factory disassembled in crates to prospective Dealers in wake of the Japanese onslaught. Just about all the Canadian European Motorcycles Dealers went under after that. I would have chosen a 3 Cyl Laverda but ended up with a 4 Cyl Suzuki Kantana in 84 for close to 1/2 the price.

Tony; I can't imagine using that ride with the boring long flat monotonous HWY's you have in Manitoba prairie Vs the winding mountainous hills of Cambrian Shield roads in Northern Ontario - Not saying she's not a descent street racer but not at home unless your in the back country with winding roads and the hills. Suggest you take up to Lac du Bonnet country ;o)

Beautiful job if you want her original but Breganzie designed the 70 SFO to make her whatever you want but she's a cafe racer at heart.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes Ron it is your SF and it’s in Winnipeg! Good eye Andy it does have a UK plate on it. I took it off my 79 Jota which I purchased and had shipped from the uk a few years ago. I thought the plate looked cool so I mounted it on the SF when It was sitting in my Living room this winter.
I also did a full restoration on the Jota which turned out to be a long and somewhat painful process but cemented my affinity for Laverdas.
:unsure: The petcock on the Jota looks excited to see the 750 all dolled up.

Can't say there's any place colder then Portage and Main - Maybe Kenora ;o)

Spent a lot of time in Gimili at the Base - Gotta love them Vikings and their Legions - HIC ! - LOL

In the matter of interest: The Gimili Glider flight 143:
I've flowen in and out of that base as a psgr in a chartered Cessna 310D.

Another thing is: You don't dare speed in Manitoba !

There was a RCAF T-33 fighter mounted on a pedestal on First Ave in Gimili when I was there.
I actually seen one in flight off the wing of a DC8 while landing in Winnipeg - Man that was long ago.

I'm just happy that I sold my ride to a motorcyclist enthusiasts who will care for that Breganzie as well as I have for over 45 years.

Last edited:
Back