Viewing forum on native iOS or Android app

I using a verily strong PC Base station running Windows 10 Pro with VOIP on Cable. Just ordered an Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro with Andriod 11 system - What can I expect ?

ASUS CH7 Hero/AMD R7 3700X/Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT/32GB T-Force running at CL16 3600 Mhz. Costing approx $55/month CAD subscription with my ISP.

Never owned a smart phone before - What can I expect for monthly costs to access the internet and do purchasing and banking ?

That's providing I'm within Microwave tower range. Where I should have purchased a cheap 2W FM Walk-Talky system to keep in touch with my friends in the bush ? There's Dead Micro-tower Space in Northern Ontario.

I'll be dead before Star Link comes online - About time this forum wakes up to Communication and Media Issues to discuss ;o)

What gets me most our our younger members don't even know what a PC Base stations is as they are on their Smart Phones.

Last edited:
OK, I took another look at the app and built yet another version. Now it respects your phone settings; if screen orientation is unlocked – both portrait and landscape view are working. If screen orientation is locked to portrait – the app stays in portrait mode even if device is turned to landscape position (+ there’s a small icon to activate landscape mode if you want to).

This may be considered the final version.

Rob, would you please update the file on resources and let me know when it’s done. I will remove the file from my drive shortly.

LaverdaForum-1.0.3: https://www.laverdaforum.com/xf/resources/92/

Last edited:
I know nothing about Android smart phones. Other then I know a smart phone attached to control sticks can operate a Drone virtually with a camera. That has me interested as I did fly RC Planes as a kid. No transistors they were Tubes, Single channel, Rudder and Elevator only.

I do recognize an apk file as an Android App Setup, I've got some learning when it comes to Smart Phones.

Even at my age, be warned, I'm a fast learner - Looking forward to the experience - Providing I can afford it ;o)

Last edited:
thanks.

I just noticed one thing about the app, the close button is overlapping the "back to the top arrow". That is a minor issue and to me it makes no difference. Also the little icon which is used to switch the orientation while phone screen is locked to portrait, is practically in the same spot. This is the case at least on my mobile. I could move the close button somewhere else, but won't for now...

Happy browsing if you are using the app.
-Sami

Just out of curiosity; what do you gays pay for your mobile data? There must be some differences depending on where you live. I’ve had a “smartphone” for more than a decade and the price for data has been relatively stable. The only thing that changes is what I get for the money. At the moment the monthly fee for 4G-50Mbit/s connection is 20€ and it includes all the calls, messages and unlimited data usage. So I can browse as much as I like. I also share my mobile data connection to PC, so everything I do online is covered with a single payment.

I said I wouldn’t but I did. Here is an updated version; LaverdaForum-1.0.4
  • moved the exit button slightly to the left, now it doesn’t conflict with anything
  • added a splashscreen to app startup
Maybe this is the one. Feel free to comment.

Ciao,
Sami

Last edited:
Just for fun. I coded a new android app (new name, new features) to browse LaverdaForum and www in general. It is a bit more sophisticated than the previous one. Now including Google search, voice search, favourites, downloads, pdf print and some external app launchers. As before, this app is not available from Google play store, it is an unofficial debug app and therefore your mobile will ask for permission to install it. Feel free to give it a go. Apk download from here: Garage buddy-1.1.apk

buddy1.jpg

buddy2.jpg

buddy3.jpg

Cheers,
Sami

Reactions: Rob
I had a look as since the latest forum update my Android phone screen seems to cut out some stuff. All I could see after a Google search on my phone was Garage Buddy 1.2.5 and no mention of Laverda Forum. BTW I am far from a tech head with this stuff.

My mistake. There seems to be another app with same name. I should have guessed. But as I mentioned, my app is not available from play store or any other site. You'll just have to download it from the link I provided. And there is a quick button to reach laverdaforum, just see the attached images...

Back