Looking for?

Eurocycleguy

Hi Guys (Mates), I want some heat in the shop and I was told I need a lot of British Thermal Units.
So I am looking for a bargain on a LOT of these Thermal Units. I was hoping someone could tell me where to go. (should be a lot of people wanting to do that, if they don't get moderated).
I am willing to pay more for NOS Units.
Please include links and pics.
thanks

Attachments

• cold baby.gif
    cold baby.gif
    17 KB · Views: 3
Hi Guys (Mates), I want some heat in the shop and I was told I need a lot of British Thermal Units.
So I am looking for a bargain on a LOT of these Thermal Units. I was hoping someone could tell me where to go. (should be a lot of people wanting to do that, if they don't get moderated).
I am willing to pay more for NOS Units.
Please include links and pics.
thanks
Hi, i just have your regular oil filled radiator on wheels. But to be honest you have to also look at the electric power they consume, some are very efficient and give off good heat for 400 watts while others are 1400 watts and give very little.
So watch the electric demand or they will empty your bank.
Regards Andy šŸ˜

I have a blower job.

One of those things that runs on heating fuel or diesel.
About 8Ā°C gain in my garage which is 80m2 and 7m high in 10 minutes. Roof is isolated.
It gets through around 10 litres an hour but I only use it 10 or 15 minutes at a time.
I use about 60 litres per winter.
Inconvenience is that it's very noisy.

Paul

If you're looking at a large area, infrared heaters are probably the most cost efficient. They heat you, not the surrounding air. Best positioned above or angled towards your work area. Google infrared garage workshop heater

Thanks Andy, Paul and Rob for all the suggestions. Will investigate further.
I have had Natural gas heaters in a breezeway and a fireplace that gave me headaches. o_O Not sure about Kerosene or Propane.:unsure:

If you're looking at a large area, infrared heaters are probably the most cost efficient. They heat you, not the surrounding air. Best positioned above or angled towards your work area. Google infrared garage workshop heater

I would second that, most energy efficient because you can dirct the heat where you need it. Used to run an electric heater, took forever - you can feel the heat from infrared within seconds.

How about something like this, lots of restaurants using them for outdoor dining, they put out a lot of heat and propane is cheap.

How about something like this, lots of restaurants using them for outdoor dining, they put out a lot of heat and propane is cheap.
I donā€™t think they are allowed indoors, unless you have budgie alarms. Although ...... we have them in our Sydney workshop, but thatā€™s 800 square metres, and 7mt high roof.

Thanks for the ideas! I will probably be moving in a year so that factored into the equation (nothing permanent). Thinking about a Radiant unit. I am very susceptible to monoxide fumes (seriously).
these here 1611235047025.png have been "sucked up" by all the tented outside COVID dining. Three months ago I talked with a restaurant owner about these, he said he couldn't find anymore.
Yesterday I bought an AC-DC convertor made for my Warm N Safe Jacket liner. I know I will be tethered with the power cords. But going to give that a try.

Back