Ricambidesmo

Gerald

Hero member
Had a very pleasant dealing with ricambidesmo.com in the UK.
They specialize in Ducati parts, but have the odd Laverda item in their listing.
The part I bought was better than described, packed very carefully and sent to me with the cheapest carrier available.

Gerald

 

Gerald

Hero member
The dealer researched the cheapest carrier, who delivered in very short time.
Royal Mail, by far the most expensive carrier I have come across, is currently not capable to deliver outside the UK.....
 

pf1

Hero member
Location
Portsmouth UK
Royal Mail don't usually do anything large or heavy, they punt it out to Parcelforce who don't seem too bad to me for UK post Gerald. When I look at international post prices UPS are usually ok, the Transglobal Express website lists all the prices.
 

Laverdalothar

Hero member
Location
Germany
Paul Marx said:
Sort of.
Wouldn't call it cheap.

Strange times when vaguely realistic prices appear cheap.

Paul

my understanding of "reasonable" is not necessarily "cheap". For me it means "prices are OK, not to expensive but also not cheap". am I wrong?
 

Paul Marx

Hero member
Location
France
Laverdalothar said:
my understanding of "reasonable" is not necessarily "cheap". For me it means "prices are OK, not to expensive but also not cheap". am I wrong?

Reasonable is on the cheaper side of realistic.
It's because most of what we see is expensive.

Paul
 

pf1

Hero member
Location
Portsmouth UK
Paul Marx said:
Reasonable is on the cheaper side of realistic.
It's because most of what we see is expensive.

Paul

When I worked in the parts department of a garage years ago the mark up on parts had to be high just to pay the running costs of the place.
 

Paul Marx

Hero member
Location
France
pf1 said:
When I worked in the parts department of a garage years ago the mark up on parts had to be high just to pay the running costs of the place.

Not the case with private persons who are the sellers of nearly all the used parts we see.

Dealers are of course another matter.

Paul
 

pf1

Hero member
Location
Portsmouth UK
They have a pair of thin web wheels for sale at ?600 each, now that definitely isn't cheap. ?1200 for the pair anyone?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laverda-Thin-Web-Front-Wheel-Rim-3CL-1200/363252525309?hash=item549389a8fd:g:AOEAAOSwyi5f-cjN

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laverda-Thin-Web-Rear-Wheel-Rim-3CL-1200-2-5x18/363252578215?hash=item54938a77a7:g:VSUAAOSwMa9f-dlK
 

a14rgs

Hero member
pf1 said:
They have a pair of thin web wheels for sale at ?600 each, now that definitely isn't cheap. ?1200 for the pair anyone?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laverda-Thin-Web-Front-Wheel-Rim-3CL-1200/363252525309?hash=item549389a8fd:g:AOEAAOSwyi5f-cjN

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laverda-Thin-Web-Rear-Wheel-Rim-3CL-1200-2-5x18/363252578215?hash=item54938a77a7:g:VSUAAOSwMa9f-dlK

I saw those ads too Pat - had to check to make sure I'd read them correctly! :eek:
 
Top