Sold - 1978 1200 Mirage

And I'm the lucky person who bought this bike - and what a bike!

Lucky I had an essential journey to do yesterday so I could take it for a first  spin!

I thought my 850 Commando was fast for a classic but this is like the Commando on steroids - and then some! A totally different league - why have I only just bought a Laverda????

Once I'd decided I wanted a Mirage (I posted on here in December asking for advice on buying a Jota). this was the best available by some distance.

Thanks Jason, what a brilliant seller, it would be great if all bike transactions were as easy as this one, and thanks too to Andy ("Laverdas" on this forum) and Benny for the invaluable advice, tea & mince pies! I still owe you a bottle & I'll nip over on the Mirage with it once we're allowed.

All need now is the end of lockdown & some decent weather!   

Much more thirsty than a Commando though Geoff, make sure that doesn't catch you out. I recently bought a MK3 Commando to rebuild, I used to have a Commando before I bought my Laverda 3C in 1975, they are very different animals and no mistake.

pf1 said:
Much more thirsty than a Commando though Geoff, make sure that doesn't catch you out. I recently bought a MK3 Commando to rebuild, I used to have a Commando before I bought my Laverda 3C in 1975, they are very different animals and no mistake.

Both great bikes though!

Have you seen this month's Classic Bike? The rebuilt Commando on the cover referred to as "a masterpiece" in the article about it belongs to my mate - that one's almost as fast as the Mirage, but he rode my Mirage yesterday & he wants one now!

Back