Out and About on your Laverda.No bull,Just photos

He could pop a power wheelie at 60 in second downhill

Chuckle all you want but she did it a few times and I did not try; however, I did bang the shift leaver into 2nd, without the clutch, gearing down from 3rd at 60 under full throttle at 7000 rpm approaching 8000 rpm - Going down hill - Of course I was running Perillies at the time ;o)

She lifted the front front wheel while passing a car or two under them conditions. I know what lifting the front wheel is about - I did test ride a Kawasaki 750 3Cyl 2 Stoke only once and never got back on one ='s A Death Machine.

It happened here once on HWY 69 approaching Sudbury passing a station wagon full of kids. By the time I reached that further rock cut I was doing over 120 mph. The road was a little different back then but not much. You can still see part of the old HWY off to the right of the Google Map.

HWY 6 from Espanola to Manitoulin Island is a Motorcyclist's Dream. Great Asphalt, scary fast sweeping corners and elevation. Americans with their Harley's come from the States just ride it.

I personally liked to ride a shorter more endurance course with my SF like the Moose Mountain Rd just North of Capreol - START HERE:
I practiced that road course whenever I had a chance to do it on my SF. I kept tuning and modifying her and myself even if I burnt the piston out her so I would be the fastest on that 20 mile course as there was lots of competition right up to the late 80's when I got married and my Wife told me I to quit that shit. Nobody could beat me on that course riding my SF back in the day - I could pass 2 Kawasaki 1100's in one corner and by the time they came out of the corner I was at the end of the next straight. Granted they were faster in the 1/4 mile. Really makes me wonder if them guys with all the tech really knew how to ride a motorcycle.

Sad to say that road is littered with White Crosses
Crosses.jpg
That Road was host to the famous Jack Pine Stretch Drag Races every week end through summer months during the 60's and early 70's where 2 or 3 thousand people gathered in gravel pits to watch the show of Muscle Cars and Bikes from Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and from the Northern States to race the Jack Pine1/4 mile.
The Jack Pine in Post Glory.jpg
Of course the asphalt was in better condition back then and not as grown in.

Lets see some of your favorite Road Racing courses using Google Maps - NOT Touring ;o)

Have to say my 70 SF an my friends 71 Ducati 750S tended to dominate that road course - He was my main adversary proving he keep that Ducati running ;o)

There were a lot of young Guys in Sudbury making lots of money in the mines and the railway spending it on motorcycles and fast cars back then. I was one; but, seems to me anyone whom owned an Italian or an European bike back then knew how to ride Vs Jap bike owners - They were killing themselves before they had a chance to learn how to ride. I have to credit the American Hog because I really liked the 76 AMF Harley 850 Sportster in and about any city.

Last edited:
Blue Anchor Bay meet 9 of us, cheers Jason and Bruce for allen key tools & Alan for my bolt on throttle nipple ooh err.perfect ride home!

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg