Author Topic: Victorian Roadracing Championship Broadford .....Computime .  (Read 3324 times)

Offline rowdypat

Re: Victorian Roadracing Championship Broadford .....Computime .
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 20:27 »

Offline Andy J

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 22:30 »
Really pleased for you guys, seems like it was one hell of a weekend.  (goodjob) Roll on next season..
An ‘inzane’ number of Zanes (all of which could run)
7 from Breganze (all of which can run)
Several other project bikes
1 x BMW C600 Sport Highline maxi scooter (for comfort and reliability)
1 x Benelli Tre Tornado 900 (cos it should have been the ‘new’ Jota)

Offline Jotaman

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 23:49 »
Awesome result Redax - Fuggin Bravo does not cover it, truly a tough ask to nail the national BEARS - Excellent news and a great reward for what is a huge level of commitment and effort.
If my eyes do not deceive me - I believe i did spy a wry smile from the Boss in the family money shot ;) - well deserved

Peter

1980 Jota; 1980 Montjuic; 1984 RGS; 1996 650 Formula, 1997 750S, 1999 Formula 850ss Racer, 1971 750 SF 'Chopper' and other bikes that should not be mentioned in a Laverda Forum :)

Offline ScorchLaverda

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 04:21 »
Congratulations to Redax team and all involved. Putting a huge smile on my face. (Maurice, I feel your pain, I am also sorting out a bad tooth today!)

Thanks for the good reports and for the great pictures guys.   

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 04:26 »
What a fantastic result, Aussie Champs riding a laverda can't get better than that. When it comes to building a hot rod laverda you are the man Red. Congratulations to all involved.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 05:22 »
Great result, fantastic effort.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline tewinga

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 07:03 »

Good effort you lot.

Congratulations. 😀

Offline Smarty

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 07:19 »
Hi all, it’s been a long time since I have posted on here but I need to say a few words. Firstly what a privilege it is to be a part of the global Laverda community and to read all of the words of support.

2019 BEARS was a challenging year for the team and we got off to a difficult start with a crash on the Bevelman’s  bike and a cranky crank on the Mule.

We stuck at it and had to race hard for the rest of the year and it literally come down to the last race of the season.

I have to say a massive thanks to Red and Max, REDAX LAVERDA for allowing me to race their beautiful bike and to Bevelman for allowing me to ride his. Still brings a tear to my eye seeing it slide down the road! 🙈🙈

To come back from 50 odd points down was a testament to the reliability of the REDAX bikes that never missed a beat for the rest of the year.

The final four races were the best all year. Looking at the timing there was nothing between all of us on a sketchy track surface with the changing weather. It was awesome to see the Vic Lav fellas up in the hill with the banner.

So thanks everyone for the support. Brett, Bman, all the NSW fellas, Marty and co riding to SA, Serge and the Vico’s, the CLQ members.

Love ya work. See you on the grid! Smarty

Offline maurice turner

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2019, 09:17 »
Well wasn't that the best weekend to attend for a long time (another for me probably one in July in Breganze).
The weather had been horrendous leading up to the last round of the BEARs at Broadford with a deep low crossing southern Victoria with day temps dropping to single figures.
The Victorian Laverda Club booked the Harley clubrooms for the weekend and filled it with food beer and a roaring fire, many thanks to Dave Doyle and Serge for organising it, there was a huge amount of memorabilia mounted on the walls and Dave informed us that it was the oldest motorcycle club in Australia (est 1924) correct me if I am wrong Dave.
There were heaps of laughs and great company shared amongst all.
Saturday dawned with threatening weather but being one of the 4 Laverda racers I was on the track rain hail or shine, I remember looking at Smarties slicks and wondering what the weather may do.
The track was dry during qualifying but a modest rain shower cam across during race 1 and the red flags came out and the race stopped as it had earlier been declared a dry track, I managed to get into what was going to be a huge highside coming out of turn 2 thinking the worst then the front let go and the whole bike run off the track and stayed upright and re entered about 30 metres along, the old bum cheeks were clenching up that's for sure
Not being at the pointy end I had a new challenge and that was Lisa nipping at my bum, a bit like a blow fly that you couldn't shake off, she is doing really well cutting seconds off her lap times, wish I was doing the same.
Race 2 was dry and the intensity at the front of the grid was full on as Smarty had one agenda, you have all seen the lap times so just shows the pace set.
Saturday night and all the Laverda team, club members and support crew got together at the Harley club and had a great night, there were many laughs and shit hung!
Sunday morning saw the weather improve a little and the temperature picked up a few degrees so the next two races of the day were going to be exciting I think there were 27 BEARs on the grid with Smarty on the front line he once told me to sit right on his arse so we could squeeze out the Triumphs but I am afraid when he opened his throttle and I opened mine we were in two different universes as his REDAX highly developed bike and my 20 cent racer were at each end of the field, in saying that I enjoyed the fact and found it a great privilege that I was gridding up and racing with these very fast riders.
We all know the end result with a hard earn't victory for the REDAX team so congratulations they don't come easy travelling all over the country.
Bravo to Lisa on the "speedy"Ducati and especially for Ian who campaigned the mighty Monty I hope I am capable of getting out there when I am your age it was great to catch up again mate.
And Lisa I am going to paint a tiny bulls eye on my arse to see how close you can get to it.
A big cheer for Brett he rode to all six rounds including a return to Darwin on his Corsa that he bought there new, you are a force to be reckoned with Brett and one of my great friends!!!!
Four Laverda's out on the grid they all came home safely what a honking weekend!!!! 

81 Jota*7604*

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 09:33 »
@ bevelman, I have removed your totally inappropriate post, please refrain from personal attacks such as these.

piet
180s feel quick, 120s are...      If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916

Offline Paul Marx

• Les motos de Paul
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 10:27 »
@ bevelman, I have removed your totally inappropriate post, please refrain from personal attacks such as these.

piet

Yes, and can we have more pictures of Lisa please instead of all these grumpy Australians!

Paul

Offline maurice turner

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 10:36 »
Yes, and can we have more pictures of Lisa please instead of all these grumpy Australians!

Paul
I'M NOT GRUMPY!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
81 Jota*7604*

Offline Tippie

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 11:13 »
Great report Morrie. You were out there doing it. Of the ticked boxes you got two priorities right. Don't crash - Tick (just!!), Don't get lapped - Tick. The rest only come if you do lotsa racing, so you've done well. The meeting was a success all round and must be satisfying for the club and racers for all the effort. Kudos
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline markQLD

• from da cane fields
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2019, 11:20 »
Great report Morrie. You were out there doing it. … …  Kudos
+1

Offline a14rgs

• Wiltshire, U.K.
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2019, 12:06 »
Great write-up mate - you did well for an old fella! :D Sounds like it was a great weekend. It had to be a good 'un if you compared it with our little social gathering in Breganze :P
Top marks to everyone involved in flying the Laverda flag at race circuits around the world, you all have my respect 8) 
(bikebend) (Lavflag)

Well wasn't that the best weekend to attend for a long time (another for me probably one in July in Breganze).
The weather had been horrendous leading up to the last round of the BEARs at Broadford with a deep low crossing southern Victoria with day temps dropping to single figures.
The Victorian Laverda Club booked the Harley clubrooms for the weekend and filled it with food beer and a roaring fire, many thanks to Dave Doyle and Serge for organising it, there was a huge amount of memorabilia mounted on the walls and Dave informed us that it was the oldest motorcycle club in Australia (est 1924) correct me if I am wrong Dave.
There were heaps of laughs and great company shared amongst all.
Saturday dawned with threatening weather but being one of the 4 Laverda racers I was on the track rain hail or shine, I remember looking at Smarties slicks and wondering what the weather may do.
The track was dry during qualifying but a modest rain shower cam across during race 1 and the red flags came out and the race stopped as it had earlier been declared a dry track, I managed to get into what was going to be a huge highside coming out of turn 2 thinking the worst then the front let go and the whole bike run off the track and stayed upright and re entered about 30 metres along, the old bum cheeks were clenching up that's for sure
Not being at the pointy end I had a new challenge and that was Lisa nipping at my bum, a bit like a blow fly that you couldn't shake off, she is doing really well cutting seconds off her lap times, wish I was doing the same.
Race 2 was dry and the intensity at the front of the grid was full on as Smarty had one agenda, you have all seen the lap times so just shows the pace set.
Saturday night and all the Laverda team, club members and support crew got together at the Harley club and had a great night, there were many laughs and shit hung!
Sunday morning saw the weather improve a little and the temperature picked up a few degrees so the next two races of the day were going to be exciting I think there were 27 BEARs on the grid with Smarty on the front line he once told me to sit right on his arse so we could squeeze out the Triumphs but I am afraid when he opened his throttle and I opened mine we were in two different universes as his REDAX highly developed bike and my 20 cent racer were at each end of the field, in saying that I enjoyed the fact and found it a great privilege that I was gridding up and racing with these very fast riders.
We all know the end result with a hard earn't victory for the REDAX team so congratulations they don't come easy travelling all over the country.
Bravo to Lisa on the "speedy"Ducati and especially for Ian who campaigned the mighty Monty I hope I am capable of getting out there when I am your age it was great to catch up again mate.
And Lisa I am going to paint a tiny bulls eye on my arse to see how close you can get to it.
A big cheer for Brett he rode to all six rounds including a return to Darwin on his Corsa that he bought there new, you are a force to be reckoned with Brett and one of my great friends!!!!
Four Laverda's out on the grid they all came home safely what a honking weekend!!!!
1983 RGS1000, 154000km, owned and loved since 1989 😊
1977 Jota
1977 1200

"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍