Author Topic: Recommissioning my Executive *2321  (Read 1228 times)

Offline rpo83

Re: Recommissioning my Executive *2321
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 09:10 »
Interesting to see how this pans out.

FFFANARCHY

Wish me luck, hopefully it pans out well..
Cheers

Steve.

1985 RGS Corsa, 2 Bimota YB5's Bimota SB6

Offline rpo83

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 09:15 »
Hi Steve,

Congrats. on the new bikes even if they are a bit troubled. I figure trouble shooting is part of the fun of these old critters.

I was caught by you comment about Motoplat coils. I have an RGS (#12664) with an intermittent cut out on one cylinder. I haven't been able to identify a solid pattern to it's misbehavior but it *seems* to happen while the bike's warming up; say 2-3 miles down the road. Don't even know yet if it's always the same cyl.

Since coils are fairly cheap and the rest of the ign. system looks, at least at first glance, to be solid I thought I'd drop in some new ones. What coils did you select for your Exec. and do you have a particular supplier you like?

Thanks and Happy New year to you!

-Danny

Hi Danny,

Happy New Year to you, i was only quoting what Red from Redax recommended i do, he said if i had the tan coils they were OK, but if i had the red motoplat coils, i should change them now..

I have just looked at the invoice, Redax supplied me Mitsubishi coils they were $95 AUD + Tax, Redax also supplied the spacer kit that allows the coils to me mounted to the factory bracket. Red also supplied new resistor spark plug caps, so i could remove the ballast resistors.

Good luck with sorting your intermittent issue.
Cheers

Steve.

1985 RGS Corsa, 2 Bimota YB5's Bimota SB6

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 00:33 »
Red also supplied new resistor spark plug caps, so i could remove the ballast resistors.

Resistor plug caps and ballast resistors do different things. One is not a replacement for the other.