Author Topic: JLO custom build Laverda P12xx for Sale  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Laverdalothar

Re: JLO custom build Laverda P12xx for Sale
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 08:35 »
The fairing is one detail I would like to change if it would be my bike. For me it just looks wrong with the ends pointing so much down (I know the first Jota's did have a similar fairing, but there was a reason it was changed...). The lower parts should be parallel to the tank's underside from my perspective. I also do not like the look of the brake discs, they are to modern for me.

But that is like moaning about a mole on the back of a beauty, right...

I hope it does not sell and gets more ridden and enjoyed...  ;)
750 SF(0) 1971 #9934 *sold*
1000 SFC Classic 1989 #3367 *sold*
1000 SFC 1985 #2934 currently under restoration
1000 SFC Preproduction bike 1985 #0001 *sold*
1200 Jota 1981 #7474
750 S-Formula 2000 #1602
1000 Motoplast - currently under construction

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 15:38 »
"I hope it does not sell and gets more ridden and enjoyed.."

excuse me?
JLO is wanting to sell so that the new owner can do whatever he likes with it including ride it, if that is his choice.

you "hope it does not sell" very strange wish that one.
CLEM

Offline Paul Marx

• Les motos de Paul
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 16:43 »
It is clearly stated that one of the reasons for its sale, is it not being ridden.

Paul

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 18:35 »
I hope the dedication and effort that went into the build is appreciated by the next owner/custodian, ridden or not.  And that nothing is changed... far too famous for that.

piet
180s feel quick, 120s are...      If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916

Offline MVma

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 19:53 »
I hope the dedication and effort that went into the build is appreciated by the next owner/custodian, ridden or not.  And that nothing is changed... far too famous for that.

piet

I must say that my only real regret is when I think to all the work that you did Piet on this engine. I hope you understand that by selling the bike, I do not want to disrespect you and the work you have done. Thank you again for all the time spent and all the efforts. One of the best souvenirs about this particular bike was when i came to Henneff!

I fear however that I'll be tempted to come and meet you again, maybe with another strange project! ;)

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 20:36 »
I have no issues with you selling it, Jean-Louis.  Not at all.  It's just that it has become sort of a landmark, an instant classic.  Would be a crying shame for the next owner to, heaven forbid, paint it orange for example. ::)

It's YOUR bike, JLO, YOU built it, everything you comissioned was done to YOUR specifications, this should be recognised and appreciated.  It is unique, and should remain so.

Hope you don't regret the sale, at least the proceeds should help you over the mourning.  ;D

Anyway, you're always welcome! 

piet
180s feel quick, 120s are...      If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916

Offline Laverdalothar

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 21:46 »
"I hope it does not sell and gets more ridden and enjoyed.."

excuse me?
JLO is wanting to sell so that the new owner can do whatever he likes with it including ride it, if that is his choice.

you "hope it does not sell" very strange wish that one.
CLEM

Hi CLEM,

you may find it strange but think of it as a whish in the sense Piet wrote as the last comment. It is JLO's bike, built with lots of passion, thought and - not to forget - time and money. My whish was that JLO would simply find a way to enjoy it more by riding it more.

is it really strange that I whish he has more fun with his own creation? That then is strange to me...  ::)

;)
750 SF(0) 1971 #9934 *sold*
1000 SFC Classic 1989 #3367 *sold*
1000 SFC 1985 #2934 currently under restoration
1000 SFC Preproduction bike 1985 #0001 *sold*
1200 Jota 1981 #7474
750 S-Formula 2000 #1602
1000 Motoplast - currently under construction

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 21:30 »
A lottery win, and it will be all mine.

T’was a pleasure to see them both at the 70th .......  ???  (drink) (drunk)
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.