Author Topic: FBB lives...and rides.  (Read 6450 times)

Offline seagreen

Re: FBB lives...and rides.
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2019, 21:00 »
Must be the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Offline padlock

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2020, 11:04 »
Well, iím Back on the road to recovery. Suffice to say the op was a success and i am now free of all nasty stuff and a newly rebuilt shoulder. The consultant said it could be as long as six months before i can ride again. Hahahahahahaha iíve Already taken the fazer out (not far at all) and can sit quite happily on FBB with next to no pain with the stretch to the bars. The seat unit has been welded and can be fixed back on once my arm is out of the sling (another two weeks). Not long till iím On the road again.

FFFANARCHY
Its all just so much bollox !

Offline Tippie

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 16:27 »
Bloody good news mate. Been through the wringer and come out on top. Keep it up.
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline Sir Sidney Ruffdiamond

• Aged Rocker I keep banging my head
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2020, 17:28 »
Just pmsl ĎPaddedí glad to hear you are complete again - I didnít tell the doc checking my chest needing complete rest about the skiing holiday  ;D

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2020, 21:43 »
 8) Good one Padders. When I busted up my shoulder, I got back on the bike for a test and felt good.
Then I tried to do up the helmet ...... ouchies! :o
I still struggle with that task 30 years later, doesn't hurt, just limited movement and I have to have my left elbow sticking out to do it.

Out of all my busted bits, the shoulders (buggered both) have been the worst to deal with. If I wake up with my left arm above my head, I have to help it down with my other hand.

Best of luck.
"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍

Offline wdietz186

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2020, 01:57 »
Had my shoulder replaced in Dec. too, been told to limit lifting/holding anything more than about 1lb. Something about letting the bone grow into and around the spike in my humerus and let the muscles heal. 6wks. out and that dull bone ache is subsiding and movement is much better. Padders don't push it, letting the shit heal is better in the long run. All that rotator cuff tissue is really slow to heal.   

Offline padlock

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2020, 17:29 »
I was lucky not to have the head of the humorous replaced. I had a large tumour which they removed and filled with cement. They also did some other stuff to my shoulder that was a bit knackered while they were at it. No lifting for 3 months and loads of physio to get the movement back. But each day itís more comfy on the bikes. Iím meeting with the consultant next week and hopefully he can let me know how quickly I can get back on the road.
I got miles to do this year!
FFF

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2020, 21:53 »
I was lucky not to have the head of the humorous replaced.

Padders Padders Padders, just because everyone that has seen your schlong has laughed, doesn't mean you have to call it 'humorous'  ::)
"Team BFN - an international rabble on wheels"🏍🍻👍🤣😍

Offline padlock

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2020, 08:34 »
In the words of one of the greatest songwriters of the 21st century, ďis there a tumour in your humorĒ. Well yes there was actually.

FFFANARCHY

Offline padlock

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2020, 22:16 »
Iím back baby, had the seat unit bodged/repaired. New tyres, pilot 3 radials, and officially allowed to ride again. Went out today for about an hour and a half, shoulder held up pretty good. For the first time Iíve been able to really start pushing it as new sticky tyres instead of ten year old ones. New problem cropped up... blows the headlight bulb when revved hard. This will be the lovely looking headlight brackets that have no rubber to minimise the vibes man. It needs to go back up to keithís for a dyno session but that may have to wait even longer because the world has gone bat shit crazy. Flip side.

FFF

Offline Rob

• Midlands, UK
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2020, 23:04 »
blows the headlight bulb when revved hard
Stick an LED lamp in it and really piss Keith off when he sees it!!
Glad you're back and on the mend