Author Topic: CLQ October long weekend  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Tippie

Re: CLQ October long weekend
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2019, 06:46 »
"constantly looking in his review mirror" BIG MISTAKE. Never concentrate on what is behind you, other than a quick glance now and then (if riding on the road).
Great to see that you still having these gatherings and so many make the effort. I thought you had moved out, back to Bris or something, Bruce.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:28 by Tippie »
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline Vince

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2019, 07:02 »
My second run on a race track had the same effect, I was watching the craziness happening behind heading into turn 1. Next time I will push the mirrors in, I didnt need to see them heading in 3 and 4 wide behind me.

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2019, 23:22 »
My second run on a race track had the same effect, I was watching the craziness happening behind heading into turn 1. Next time I will push the mirrors in, I didnt need to see them heading in 3 and 4 wide behind me.

Mirrors??? On a race track??? Even on track days you surely can't ride with mirrors???  :-\
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline Vince

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2019, 00:16 »
5 parade laps at lunchtime at one of the Barrys, 120 vehicles including a VW trike and a couple of sidecars. Some bearing doing the speed limit and some completely berserk and well above there skill level. I got passed by one very fast fellow pulling a crazy line really tight into turn 1 riding a Harley Softtail. Heard later it was Troy Corsa. That was fine, plenty of room, the earlier lap had the 3 and 4 wide boys passing me on both sides. My last time doing that, at least track days have no inside passing rules and people with some experience.

Offline Cosi

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2019, 03:02 »
I went past you 4 times ;D
Hastings Point 2489 Australia

Offline Vince

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2019, 08:32 »
It took 4 laps to know where the blind bends went, and I had zero idea how fast or where to brake for turn 1. If I ever manage to fit into the 2 piece leather suit I have acquired some track experience would be huge fun. I missed the CIMMA track days being away from Sydney this year. The original parade only all Laverdas prade laps years ago, 26 Laverdas was great fun and a hell of a lot safer.

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2019, 00:57 »
How can you live in Sydney and not do track days Vince? I managed to do a few at Eastern Creek and Oran Park. After seeing the new extended track at Collie I'm keen to start doing a few again, good excuse to get the SFC out again and give the Motodd a serious thrashing. Trouble is it's 300 kays away!!. Also promising is a plan to build a Motoplex in Albany with a track 3.5kays long. I really hope it goes ahead as that's only 120 kays away. Apparently it was an election promise so it'll probably never happen!! Track days are the future of hooning a motorcycle as it's getting seriously fuck up trying to have fun on the roads now. And in WA there isn't many roads that are fun to ride and the few that are are heavily policed, bit like the old road.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline Legs

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2019, 01:06 »
No need to have track days in Adelaide or the hills to have fun, if you know where to go  :-X

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2019, 01:23 »
No Adelaide hills in WA Terry unfortunately. Where I live there is 1 road in and the same road out of town and that's Hwy1 and posted 90km/h for most of it and policed. However there is a farm road that leaves and reconnects the Highway 40 kays long and very rarely see a car let alone cops on it but to have fun your going pretty fast and if you fuck up it's going to hurt. How I long for those 50, 60, 70 kay posted corners. Track days are my only option to have serious fun apart from riding the bush tracks on the GS BM but that's not speed though.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline Legs

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2019, 02:43 »
I feel for you over in WA, One of the reasons I stayed in SA instead of moving over to the west with the Collins submarine project (meant to move from Sydney to SA while the boats were built, then to WA when they were commissioned), the two years I stayed in SA opened my eyes as just how good a motorcycling mecca it is, been here ever since. Beats Sydney hands down for motorcycle fun  :D

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 12:21 »
Vic has some seriously good moto roads, but to avoid the plod you need to move right away from popular bike hotspots and seek the interesting backroads. While track days are fun, brisk riding on backroads, with survival in mind, is a fantastic experience, especially on a well sorted Lav.

WA was always a particular kind of fast riding - but anywhere near a town or on a main highway and you wouldn't last 10 minutes at the sort of speed where it becomes exciting (which happen to be lockup and licence evaporation speeds in today's wonderful world).
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline Cosi

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2019, 14:23 »
Some of us still like the cat n mouse challenge ....
Hastings Point 2489 Australia

Offline markQLD

• from da cane fields
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2019, 14:27 »
 .. and some of us still like a cold beer at the pub, out in the middle of BFN ..

Offline 81Lav

• Bellingen, NSW, Australia
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2019, 00:33 »
"constantly looking in his review mirror" BIG MISTAKE. Never concentrate on what is behind you, other than a quick glance now and then (if riding on the road).
Great to see that you still having these gatherings and so many make the effort. I thought you had moved out, back to Bris or something, Bruce.
Yeah currently living in Brisbane Lee, we still have the farm in Bello. No work in Bello for me!

BK
Bruce K
81 Jota #7900
86 SFC #3200
750SFZ Project #13780
650 TT Guzzi
650 8v Guzzi Special