Author Topic: CLQ October long weekend  (Read 2869 times)

Offline martymoose

Re: CLQ October long weekend
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 21:54 »
Great cheesecake at the royal cafe.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Vince

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 03:01 »
Radio silence, no news is good news? The 2 issues like this that have happened to me over the years are sticking sceazed footpeg gear lever pivot, happed 2 or 3 times fixed with WD40 and a strip and regrease at home, seems no one else on earth has had this happen ever and a broked selector spring that still allowed use by lifting the lever slightly and then selecting gears. Someone lost a bolt in the rear set linkage once, easy fix.Anything deeper and its trailer time. Hope Marty hasn't dropped cheesecake on the clutch.

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 07:30 »
I've had the M6 bolt that holds the little lever arm on the end of the gear shaft come loose on more than one occasion. It's the type used on the crossover gear linkage with the two flats on the shaft and slotted hole in the lever arm. It only needs to loosen a couple of turns and the arm will slip off the end of the shaft. It's obvious when it happens because the gear pedal dangles down all limp and impotent. Got sick of it happening so ended up Loctiting it in. If it works loose again I'll drill the bolt head and lock-wire the bloody thing.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 09:15 »
Just home now after a 10 hr round trip for Ross to pick me up with his Ute. Will pull it apart tomorrow. No phone signal at the rally site so guess that they are going well
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Vince

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 10:17 »
Buggar, happy you made it back to base.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 03:26 »
As suspected, bugger! On the upside first time primary cover off in 85000km everything in very good condition
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline AJ

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 04:13 »
I give up. What's that Marty?
30th Anniversary 1200
750S Guiliano

Offline 81Lav

• Bellingen, NSW, Australia
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 04:15 »
Great weekend up here.
All now departed and heading home.

Sorry you missed it Marty.
Cheers
BK
Bruce K
81 Jota #7900
86 SFC #3200
750SFZ Project #13780
650 TT Guzzi
650 8v Guzzi Special

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 04:39 »
I give up. What's that Marty?

Looks like a spider's leg.

Offline bazzee

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 05:06 »
Looks like someone's left hand to me.

bazzee

Offline martymoose

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 05:17 »
Thats the short end of the broken spring the one  that holds the gear shifter onto the selector drum.

Sorry I didnt help you with all that food & grog, but Ill catch up with CLQ again soon, thanks Bruce.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline markQLD

• from da cane fields
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 07:32 »
Great weekend up here.
Cheers
BK
+1
Many thanks to Bruce & Naz

Thanks also to CLQ and the NSW blokes
Good times were had

, some more pics
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHxWCqe

Offline LaverdaIan

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 08:12 »
2 questions.. well 3 actually.. ;)

What is Rob doing on the soapbox..?

What is the story of the broken Jota in Horney's FB pics..

And.. why didn't I go..? DKHD of the year perhaps..?

looks like another great weekend Mark.. good on you all.

8)

Offline Brett

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 20:19 »
So we had a wet start to the weekend got to the meeting point and no Cosi wasnt a damn Macca's fueled up and off we headed up a wet Putty Road. Got fuel at Singleton and the rain still persisted in parts but around Greta abated. Somewhere on the way into Dungog round a bend had a close encounter with a skippy which I narrowly missed then hoped that the big 120 Jota of Marty's who was in close proximity to me at the time missed it also. Boy that was a close one. Then brekky at Glouchester and then a run up Thunderbolts which was kind of fun apart from a few cars and a truck causing some delays..Just after Walca I looked in my mirrors and no one behind so I had to do a u turn and came across the stricken moose out of gears. we hypothesized for about 20mins a quick call to Paul for a rescue mission, offered to double Marty the rest of the way but he declined something about the barmaid at Walca was more of interest so we parted ways. Very low cloud into Dorrigo meant vision was down to Zero had a few BMW's and KTM's in front who had their hazaards on which was kind of good in a way but was mindful that if one lemming goes off the road the rest of us might follow.
Got to Bellingen about 5ish and onto the property about 5.30 to meet up with the Qld crew.
Great night
Nest day got roped into cooking up brekkie with Crazy John then got talked into a hangover curing run with Levo on our Laverda's along with his young bloke and a couple of others, found some amazing roads near Bowraville thanks for the tip Bruce. 
That night cooked up another storm bloody amazing weekend shame Marty missed it as I reckon he would have helped out by drinking lots more beet to make less to cart back for the boys as there were still a good few full cartoons there at the end.
Trip home was down to one 180 and a sole 120 now....  old road to Nambucca then Pacific to Wooten way then Buladelah to Glouchester and then onto Greshford again god I must love that road ( you know the one that Chris K hates ) then an amazingly great trip back down the Putty with Will in tow... hardly a car in sight except for one or two Mr Plods.
Silver Jota ran awesome all weekend excepting where it just didnt have enough grunt to keep up with Levo's Redax built RGS when he blasted past and i tried to catch back up... though for the trip it used 3/5th's of stuff all oil ............now ready for an oil change

Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline andre g

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2019, 21:14 »
nice pics, nice petrol stations ;-)