Author Topic: Just for the joy of it  (Read 441 times)

Offline Fitz

• Keep the world Orange
Just for the joy of it
« on: June 12, 2019, 15:49 »
Stumbled across a cracking picture of me on the Monty from Mallory this year, I still haven't figured out how to make my galleries visible but I just thought I would share this with you - just a lad having fun on his bike, I have paid for the image courtesy of Mike Yiend Motorsports

This was before my genius idea of fitting the "quiet" exhaust for the Darley meeting, my brand new system lasted three races before the Monty destroyed it, it was rubber mounted but my bike still ripped it apart and broke the end can off - the joys of racing

The Barca system is back on for Lydden !
Cheers Dave Fitz'

Offline KERMIT1200

• Worcester,UK
    • CYDERSTORE
Re: Just for the joy of it
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 17:24 »
Hi Dave,
 Well done for getting out there and flying the flag (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)

I'm still waiting on the ACU to give me the nod with reference to my licence upgrade, being positive I shall not be a Lydden?

Have a great time racing Gareth,
Andy

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:41 »
The Barca system is back on for Lydden !

Strange name for an exhaust system. Is it off an Italian boat?

Offline Fitz

• Keep the world Orange
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 14:35 »
Hi Andy, sounds like the engine problem was a little worse than anticipated, I saw your post with some images, looked expensive to me

I didn't bother with Lydden last year, the first year we went, Gareth got pushed off track by some loon and then broke his engine on the Sunday, there was loads of little Honda 2 strokes out with us ridden by dwarfs so it wasn't much fun

Hope to do better this time round, I just hope the weather picks up for us all, Mark has said he will try and get across with his broken bones so it will be good to see him, I hope Nic can make it but I think he has even more broken bones

Good luck with the ACU
Cheers Dave Fitz'