Author Topic: Club Laverda NSW Tour de Tasmania 2019  (Read 9376 times)

Offline TC

Re: Club Laverda NSW Tour de Tasmania 2019
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2019, 20:31 »
Nice wright up Marty, and a massive trip that will go down as one of the hardest, cold, rain, snow, trees, breakdowns  and Laverda camaraderie, well done.

(Lavflag)

Most of that will polish out...

Offline breganzane

• SE Australia
    • Breganzane
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2019, 21:23 »
Yep, nice writeup.  I almost felt cold and wet and bruised reading it.
Various 120, 180 and 360 Laverdas - and a single.

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2019, 22:27 »
Yep, nice writeup.  I almost felt cold and wet reading it.

We know where you live, bbrrrrrr.
Did you read it while you were outside the house?
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Vince

« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2019, 02:39 »
Both Marty and I bought new waterproof winter gloves for the trip, bloody expensive ones to boot. Mine kept the water out but were bearly warm, I had the heated grips on maximum for 80% of the trip and that saved me any discomfort. It was a server test of gear for sure, my Gortex Alpine Star boots allowed the soles of my feet to get damp but the wool ski socks kept my feet warm. My new Shoei Neotec 2 helmet has a pin lock and worked really well but these extreme conditions had my glasses fogging till I did the Cat Crap to the glasses, worked great Cosi thanks for the tip. Highly recommended. So I would have expected expensive gear would work but its a lottery with waterproofing, my gloves were ok-ish, Marty's not so much and that's bloody dangerous when you need to be protected when the weather is really bad. Hypothermia can kill and ride bikes with that Potential is playing Russian Rulet with the odded stacked.