Author Topic: Laverda Accident Repair  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
Re: Laverda Accident Repair
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2019, 23:00 »
Road registered???!!!  :o :o :o You must haver incredibly lenient laws in the UK, Phil. Is that why you want Brexit?  ;D . The EU would be highly unlikely to allow that on EU roads!!
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2019, 23:13 »
Road registered???!!!  :o :o :o You must haver incredibly lenient laws in the UK …

Yes, we have a pretty tolerant registration system here in Tasmania, but I think that Beeza would be stretching the rules too far for the roadworthy inspector.  :D

Those footrests on the M20 are about the rearest rearsets I've seen. Not the sort of bike to go touring on.

Offline AndyW

• Senegal
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 00:42 »
As long as there's a brake-light and horn what else would you you possibly need/want?
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, ‘78 SSD Darmah '80 SD Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '85 R80g/s, 2017 MV F3 800 (Ago edition)

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2019, 12:04 »
actually, in the UK if you opt to have a road registered bikes without lights (known as daytime only) then you MUST NOT even have a brake light....unless

your bike is registered 1935 or earlier then you can have lights but (at that time) there was no requirement for a brake light and there still isn't, later than 1935? and then it mandatory

CLEM

Offline Sir Sidney Ruffdiamond

• Aged Rocker I keep banging my head
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 12:42 »
Clem just to clarify my 57 Cub had no brake light as standard -  it doesn’t require an MOT - does it require a brake light ?

Offline phil37

• Lincolnshire
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2019, 16:22 »
Road registered???!!!  :o :o :o You must haver incredibly lenient laws in the UK, Phil. Is that why you want Brexit?  ;D . The EU would be highly unlikely to allow that on EU roads!!
yes we aren't totally nannied yet by the state.  I don't expect Brexit (if it ever happens) will stop much in the way of stupidity from our parliament - but at least it will be home grown stupidity.  ::) ::) - Regards - Phil

Offline Tippie

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2019, 17:28 »
I remember back in the 80s an article about headlights in England. They had intended to change the law to allow use of high beam in built up areas, and found out that there was no law saying you even had to have a headlight on at night, doh!
I just love that daytime law, fantastic for race bikes. Ain't going to be copied by any other countries though.
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline Beucars

• Geneva - CH
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2019, 19:30 »
Ain't going to be copied by any other countries though.

Prewar in Switzerland, but written in your registration docs that you may not drive through tunnels..

Jeroen

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2019, 20:15 »
I remember back in the 80s an article about headlights in England. They had intended to change the law to allow use of high beam in built up areas, and found out that there was no law saying you even had to have a headlight on at night, doh!
I just love that daytime law, fantastic for race bikes. Ain't going to be copied by any other countries though.

Even Germany has a day-time only permit, allowing motor vehicles without lighting equipment to be used legally on public roads.  Little known, I only learnt about it recently.  A friend has a pre-war something-Jap, only a rear light and brake light were required to be retro-fitted.  Electric lighting is mandatory for all post-war motor vehicles.

piet
180s feel quick, 120s are...      If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916

Offline david4

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2020, 11:48 »
Quick update on this old post, with a lot of regret I have given in to common sense and sold my SF, just to heavy in my present state of health.

Will be appearing on the website of an upmarket classic bike dealership in the north of england very soon, will miss it, but I always wanted one and that's fulfilled, something a bit more manageable in the pipeline.

All the best

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2020, 12:25 »
Whatever your choice.
Enjoy it to the full.

Paul

Offline david4

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 13:15 »
Cheers Paul

How is your treatment ?

Offline david4

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2020, 13:25 »
/Users/davidnaylor/Desktop/IMG_0321.jpeg happier times

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2020, 15:15 »
Cheers Paul

How is your treatment ?

Thanks.
At the moment, all ok after two years. Will switch to 6 monthly surveillance in 3 months. It's been every 3 months since march 2018.
Fingers crossed, but I have the impression I aged 10 years in a few months.
Big bikes becoming a bit unwieldy to manoeuvre.

Appreciating my Guzzi Falcone very much though there's another 3000km round trip on a Laverda planned this summer.

Paul

Paul

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2020, 17:32 »
"Clem just to clarify my 57 Cub had no brake light as standard -  it doesn’t require an MOT - does it require a brake light ? "

if it has any lights it must have a brake light, but only mandatory after 1935 before that you don't need one. So your cub should have had one from new.

CLEM