Author Topic: Laverda Accident Repair  (Read 5012 times)

Offline CLEMTOG

Re: Laverda Accident Repair
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2019, 08:58 »
I agree with the above and especially Paul, but SFC prices are lower than they were a few years ago (if one comes up for sale) so now could be a good time to buy, and another thing......

M&S motorcycles in Newcastle have a (quite hard) to shift SFC rep and a good few other Laverda's, 500's even, if the rep takes your fancy you might be able to do a part exchange deal, I have quite a strong relationship with them and do a lot of dating and registration problems for them, every one I do gets another 50 for ILOC's bank balance, I have never been there but they do seem to be pretty good eggs. f.e. helping a customer of more than 18 months prior to register the "project no papers" Laverda that he bought from them.
CLEM

Offline phil37

• Lincolnshire
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2019, 10:13 »
 Hi David - Don't know if it may interest you - but i would sell my Palmelli 878SFC. It's (IMHO) a fantastic looking machine, but I never seem to get the chance to ride it. It would make a superb showpiece or, if you decide to use it - then it's a wonderful unique road machine. I would take your SF in part exchange. PM me if interested - Regards - Phil

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2019, 10:25 »
Wowza! If my SF1 still looked like an SF1 I'd be arranging the import papers as I write, Phil! I love the Palmelli. In a way it's kind of what I'm building at the mo anyway - the last word in my quest for my own ideal speziale. I'd reckon the Palmellis were just that for the two fellas who built them.
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline david4

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 12:08 »
That is a lovely looking bike, would sit nicely next to my SS and I would get a huge amount of pleasure from just looking at it.

Thank you for the very balanced arguments, shows what I always thought, the members of this forum seem to have the intelligence to be constructive and not bombastic.

I don't think I can really contemplate meddling with a perfectly good bike so will seek an alternative, I do want something that I can hopefully ride in the future, my SS is hard work but an absolute joy above  80mph, I imagine the SFC to give you that slightly other world feeling that very few bikes have the secret of.

I bought my first bike when I was 10, I am 63 now and ridden constantly, I can't bear the thought of not getting on a bike, most of those years I wouldn't look at anything under 750, seemed pointless, since I got ill I have come to appreciate the joy of smaller bikes, currently very much enjoying a 1947 500 AJS, lovely looking over the hedges as the scenery glides by at 45mph, 45 is the new 90.

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 12:50 »
We can, well I can, be very bombastic as well.

I've just bought a Guzzi Falcone for gliding through hedges.
I'ts not that I don't like british iron, but I have all the tools for the Guzzi.

Would look nice in the living room as well.

Paul

Offline olly

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 12:58 »
I have come to appreciate the joy of smaller bikes, currently very much enjoying a 1947 500 AJS, lovely looking over the hedges as the scenery glides by at 45mph, 45 is the new 90.

Hear, hear!
I'm looking for a rigid girder forked classic for exactly that - it does need to be able to do 60 - 65 mph without flogging the life out of it in order to be safe in modern traffic but I really enjoy going slow on nice windy quiet roads.
Triumph Tiger 1050 for camping trips and two-up, BSA A65 (850cc) and Laverda SF1 for mid-distance. Something old with more character than errr...somethign with lots of character...for 30 minute rides to sit outside a cafe with a coffee on a sunny Sunday morning when I'm "permitted" to duck out for a little while.

Sadly, mostly a pipe dream, 2 kids under 4 has stopped most of it :(

Offline david4

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2019, 13:12 »
Love the look of a guzzi, I am an Italian bike man at heart, but these have run away price wise !

I also have an 850 lightening, Devimead conversion, slightly embarrasses my SF, speed wise but probably not for as long.

For those odd days you need an adrenaline fix my Multistrada is silly fast, only ridden it once this year but was determined to go faster than ever before, as it might be my last chance, won't incriminate myself but it was scary fun ! and next day was only chemotherapy, kept me smiling all throughout it.

Don't you just love motorbikes, best therapy in the world.

Trying to post pictures but being crap with computers can't work out how to reduce files, will persevere

Offline olly

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2019, 14:06 »
I also have an 850 lightening, Devimead conversion, slightly embarrasses my SF, speed wise but probably not for as long.

Ah cool - snap(ish) mine's actually a Thunderbolt. The previous owner threw the works at it. Bearing conversion, 850 cylinders, gas flowed heads and bigger valves, dyno time, all balanced inside and I think some carb modification too. I've got a standard A65 too and the difference is huge. I love the big heavy long feel of the SF but no doubt about it, the BSA's a bit "nippy" for an old bike.

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2019, 14:47 »
Love the look of a guzzi, I am an Italian bike man at heart, but these have run away price wise !

For those odd days you need an adrenaline fix my Multistrada is silly fast, only ridden it once this year but was determined to go faster than ever before, as it might be my last chance, won't incriminate myself but it was scary fun ! and next day was only chemotherapy, kept me smiling all throughout it.

Don't you just love motorbikes, best therapy in the world.

Trying to post pictures but being crap with computers can't work out how to reduce files, will persevere

I know.
After 7 weeks of radio-chemotherapy, I got the SF2 out and went for a ride with the gastric feeding tube safely in my jacket.
I over did it a bit. After an hour, I wasn't sure I'd have the strength to get home. But I had to, I was alone for the weekend. My wife had gone off to do her own motorcycling .

Did me a world of good.

Paul

For the photo files, use windows resizer.

Offline Sir Sidney Ruffdiamond

• Aged Rocker I keep banging my head
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2019, 15:27 »
That Palmelli is a bonsa looking bike Phil - special !!!

Offline phil37

• Lincolnshire
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2019, 15:44 »
I'm looking for a rigid girder forked classic for exactly that - it does need to be able to do 60 - 65 mph without flogging the life out of it 
        My old BSA M20  is one of those but it's been timed at (Allegedly) 127mph! - it's on methanol and a tad bigger motor at 730cc! It's road registered and i can't wait to terrorise the locals with it. - Regards - Phil

Offline david4

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2019, 16:08 »
Hello Paul
Hope all go's well with your treatment, I had my 17th dose of chemo yesterday, bring home an infuser that pumps for two day, I have three days on steroids when I feel fit to be out.

No strength, sick, tired and can only walk about a hundred yards, still have my hair though !

Registered disabled, can't wait to park my SS on our local towns double yellows with my blue badge tucked in the windscreen.

Offline olly

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2019, 16:25 »
        My old BSA M20  is one of those but it's been timed at (Allegedly) 127mph! - it's on methanol and a tad bigger motor at 730cc! It's road registered and i can't wait to terrorise the locals with it. - Regards - Phil
Blimey a bet that crackles a bit

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2019, 17:57 »
Hello Paul
Hope all go's well with your treatment, I had my 17th dose of chemo yesterday, bring home an infuser that pumps for two day, I have three days on steroids when I feel fit to be out.

No strength, sick, tired and can only walk about a hundred yards, still have my hair though !

Registered disabled, can't wait to park my SS on our local towns double yellows with my blue badge tucked in the windscreen.

Thanks David.
Thankfully I've gone onto the remission stage. 2 years now. And feeling pretty good though it all leaves you pretty knackered.

I wish you all the best.

Paul

Offline Paul Marx

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2019, 17:58 »

It'll probably terrorise you as well Phil!

Paul