Author Topic: Tank panel beating, painting - Melbourne or Oz  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
Re: Tank panel beating, painting - Melbourne or Oz
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 21:44 »
A place that came up in Goggle as painless dent repairers of moto tanks. An offshoot of their car stuff. Offer to take tanks from anywhere in Oz. Maybe I should try them again? Iíll find the name and let you know exactly who they were.

The place was called Fix My Dentz (http://www.fixmydentz.com.au/services/), and their website goes to great lengths to stress that they take tanks from anywhere in the world ... but they never replied to my email. Can't quite work that one out. Maybe I'll try them again ... this time I'll send an SMS to the number they quote. Still, I can't believe there aren't places in Melbourne who can do the job.
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline derek bowden

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 01:22 »
Piranha Bro
Try Andrew Price at Classic Motorcycle Painting in Burwood Melbourne 0407049767 . He did a nice job of my 1200 tank .I'm not sure if he does the panel beating but is worth a try .
Derek

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 22:06 »
Piranha Bro
Try Andrew Price at Classic Motorcycle Painting in Burwood Melbourne 0407049767 . He did a nice job of my 1200 tank .I'm not sure if he does the panel beating but is worth a try .
Derek

Thanks Derek. Worth a phone call - might be able to point me at someone for the beating if it's not his thing. Still got to call Roy Bogner, although Goggle implies that he's 'permanently closed'. No reply from that Qld mob, even using their SMS recommendation with pics. Maybe they;ve got too much work??!!

Offline jbm

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 03:10 »
if the tanks are going to be repainted, dont bother with the paintless dent repair shops.
compressed air will never work on a steel tank.
an old school body shop will use a stud welder and use a slide hammer to pull those dents.
you will be surprised how well it works.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 11:54 »
Looks just like what the doctor ordered. I think I might have found someone to help me out., Going to take three SF tanks out and talk over options.

Offline treoleileagh

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 11:06 »
Graeme Studdert at Gateshead (Newcastle NSW) has a pretty decent panel and paint shop for classic motorcycles. He's a soft spot for Italian classics.

T: +61 2 4920 6078
M: +61 400 635 064
E: mjs25@bigpond.com
Cheers