Author Topic: bears 2019  (Read 13662 times)

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
Re: bears 2019
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2019, 09:04 »
It has been communicated to me that Gary (Red) Cawte - Team Redax has indicated he will not attend the Laverda Club BBQ this coming Friday evening at Broadford if I am in attendance.

I have yet to see the actual reason or detail in the communication from Gary to the Victorian Laverda Cub President/Committee but it is common knowledge that Gary and I recently disagreed on some engineering points of fact. I have previously made my point on the Laverda Forum and that is sufficient in my opinion. Having said that, if the subject is brought up I will defend my position without fear or favour.

The BBQ is a ĎThank You' in appreciation of the QLD Clubís hospitality previously extended to the Victorian Club members.

As a Sponsor of the Victorian Road Race Championships / BEARS 2019 and on behalf of DAM Classic Racing I welcome all Laverda club members of QLD NSW and Victoria and encourage them to attend the Victoria Laverda Owners BBQ festivities, enjoy the spectacle, and experience the sound of the Redax Scorch Laverda on the racetrack.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:10 by Greg Parish »

Offline Grant

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2019, 10:44 »
I think this is a private matter and not for forum discussion.
www.clublaverda.com
Check out the daily blog

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2019, 11:07 »
I think this is a private matter and not for forum discussion.
Itís not for discussion, itís an invitation to Laverda owners of all States to attend the Vic Lav Club BBQ regardless of tribalism and the divisive nature of Garyís communication to the Victoria Laverda Club and other members.
Let's not intimidate anyone.
Itís an olive branch and a call for a bi-partisan approach to a common love of Laverda.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:27 by Greg Parish »

Offline markQLD

• from da cane fields
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2019, 11:19 »
Aaarrr.. road trip coming up.. ;)  8) 
Yep, this arvo, Paul and Red got the two Redax-Scorch racers loaded and tucked in with Matt's 'fast-as-f#<k' Duc and Triumph racers

& Paul's van has Speedy's Duc loaded and plenty room left for your little Monty mate 

All the best to the BEARS racers and supporters down at Broadford
  cheers, Mark

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2019, 11:26 »
Excellent work Mark, we all look forward to seeing you again on Friday night. You are regarded as the Honorary Vic Club Member for many years now :) Do your best to drag Red et al along, it will be a great night.

Offline LaverdaIan

« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2019, 12:30 »
Yea, thanks Mark..
Looking forward to a great weekend.. (and a roady with Paulo..)
Had a bit of a moment sorting Monty.. new tyres fitted last week.. flat rear today.. :'( Pinched tube, so late refit required.
All good.. until fitting sprocket carrier, and the wheel bearing on left side fell out... :o
All good.. solutions in stock, and set to go now, but geez.. coulda done without that.

See yas at it...

8)

Offline Greg Parish

• DAM Classic Racing
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2019, 13:25 »
Good to hear you got it sorted in the end Ian.
Look forward to seeing you and Paul again at the Vic Club BBQ for the QLDs on friday night too.
Serge, Dave and the lads have gone all out in preparation for this one :)

Offline bevelman

• now part of the sub culture
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2019, 22:23 »
Could the moderators please lock/ close this thread thanks
81 jota-no 4
80 1200-rosie
redax scorch rocket ship
gpz a1 84