Author Topic: Dymo labelling your wiring loom...  (Read 590 times)

Offline Yogi

• Wamberal NSW Australia
Dymo labelling your wiring loom...
« on: December 10, 2018, 10:35 »
Sounded like a great idea. Dead simple.  Looked magic last night, proper job.  Came home tonight and there’s Dymo confetti on the carpet all around the bike.

Fail...

Yogi
Yogi

1973 750 SF1 #15300
1974 750 SF2 #16555
1979 600 Barcelona Replica
1981 1200 Mirage #3341
1988 OR600 Atlas Series 3
1972 Yamaha TR3/TZB 350

Offline Gerald

Re: Dymo labelling your wiring loom...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 10:43 »
use wire markers, like the ones from Brady. They will last forever.

HTH
Gerald
__o
_- \_<,
(*) /' (*)

Offline CLEMTOG

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 10:49 »
if you are labelling the ends of the loom at connection points for some reason, I just use 20mm masking tape wrapped around in a "P" shape, and written on with a pen, cheap as chips and works for me, I had difficulty in believing how many cables were attached to a V12 Jaguar engine (installed) when I found the need to remove the unit in order to repair broken exhaust manifold studs on both sides, 100% impossible to repair in situ as is removing the manifolds from the engine (or for that matter the heads from it due to stud location, which is through the water jacket!, yes the studs are surrounded by water!) and as I progressed with my labelling, and worked away, I got a "feel" for a separate engine loom, which eventually I found one single, multi way connector to detach it, but I continued with my labelling, just in case, I needn't have bothered because I was not at that stage dismantling the unit, just repairing the studs, which I changed for s/s, and then they were forever coming lose!
CLEM

Offline Paul Marx

• Les motos de Paul
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 11:55 »
Sounded like a great idea. Dead simple.  Looked magic last night, proper job.  Came home tonight and there’s Dymo confetti on the carpet all around the bike.

Fail...

Yogi

Never had a problem.
Some labels still there 25 years later.

Paul

Offline sweetas

• in context....
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:35 »

Fail...

Yogi

Hey Yogi, you gotta pull the backing tape off dymo to get it to stick!   :-* :laugh:
79 Jota - No. 6256

Opinions are the medium between knowledge and ignorance...   Plato

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 20:22 »
Hey Yogi, you gotta pull the backing tape off dymo to get it to stick!   :-* :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.