Author Topic: MSRSTR  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Vince

Re: MSRSTR
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25 »
Yes I saw all the options, I was surprised they had that top of the range one in the same cost area of the top end Euro stuff.

Offline Brett

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 08:14 »
IKON ( Aussie Koni ) use 15W oil .........they specifically warn against anything lighter.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:17 by Brett »
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 11:00 »
From memory that bloke in South Australia,YSS shocks was one of the original owners of WP, or White Power as they were known.They changed their name to WP for the obvious reasons.Originally a Dutch Company I think?

White Power was originally Dutch, and supplied many marques with hi-end suspension, amoung them Zane Laverda.  Now owned by KTM.

Rumour has it that YSS evolved from the (also) dutch Technoflex suspension manufacturer when they closed in 2010, with tooling moved to Thailand.  TFX is a dutch company founded by former Technoflex employees in 2010, following on from where Technoflex left off.  Technoflex were well known for their high quality stuff, I do not know what led to their demise.

I've found YSS build quality to be at least equal with the best of their direct competitors and incorporating lots of modern technology, making IKONs look seriously dated.

piet
180s feel quick, 120s are...      If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916

Offline Brett

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 19:37 »
White Power was originally Dutch, and supplied many marques with hi-end suspension, amoung them Zane Laverda.  Now owned by KTM.

Rumour has it that YSS evolved from the (also) dutch Technoflex suspension manufacturer when they closed in 2010, with tooling moved to Thailand.  TFX is a dutch company founded by former Technoflex employees in 2010, following on from where Technoflex left off.  Technoflex were well known for their high quality stuff, I do not know what led to their demise.

I've found YSS build quality to be at least equal with the best of their direct competitors and incorporating lots of modern technology, making IKONs look seriously dated.

piet

Here in Australia we are politically correct so please use WP in future and think look period correct would be more better  (blob!) (blob!) (bolt)

Now ya all know I'm just kidding...

At least Vince got his wish a thread that goes on for more than a few pages  ;D maybe there was a method to his madness afterall.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 19:46 by Brett »
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 20:42 »
Your dark humour just hit me ......all power to you. brudda.

Thankfully the WP founders name wasn’t John Black
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2018, 14:51 »
Sorry Brett,

That Ayrian bullshit is so far from my mindset it didn't occur to me.

Sincerely hope nobody was offended.

piet

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics"  Georg Fitch 1916

Offline Tippie

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2018, 16:20 »
They were called and marketed as White Power for years.. The first KTM Rotax enduro bike had them, total shyte. The rear damper was replaced after a month or so and the usd forks were just as bad, never seen so much stiction in any fork. They rusted faster than an Opel Record, I sent the stanchions to England for rechroming and he said he´d never seen so few microns of hard chrome on a fork leg, and the base metal was so bad that he didn´t want to be responsible for them, sent them back. I cut one up and used it as the body for the Ohlins on my race SF (the workshop shortening the bodies "lost" one!!"), the rest of it is a socket bar extender. So, unpolitically correct or what, White Power didn´t get much kudos from me. The newer WP stuff must be a lot better.
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline sfcpiet

• Administrator
  • NRW, Germany
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2018, 16:28 »
Lee,

Their reputation did improve a lot later on.  Actually got a pair of WP in the 3C, paired with Wilburs springs, they work well enough to the point that they are not noticed!  Can't say much better for suspension components.

Can't fault the WP forks in the early Zane bikes, just as troublesome as the Paiolis (I'm no fan of USD forks anyway, their maintanance is a pita).  ;D

piet
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 16:31 by sfcpiet »

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2018, 01:19 »
That Ayrian bullshit is so far from my mindset it didn't occur to me.

Duh. The penny just dropped for me too. I didn't know what Brett was on about until I read Chris and Piet's responses.

Offline earemike

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2018, 10:34 »
Had a pair of White Power USD forks on my 1288 Daytona Guzzi, damn nice setup with quick adjusters mated to ap racing brakes.

In the US they marketed as white brothers.

Offline earemike

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2018, 10:41 »

PS I know this ain’t a Guzzi forum  :o

Offline Yogi

• Wamberal NSW Australia
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2018, 12:00 »
No, it is a forum for people with impeccable taste and not restricted to just Laverda.

I know that is a beautiful motorcycle - thanks for posting..

Yogi
Yogi

1973 750 SF1 #15300
1974 750 SF2 #16555
1979 600 Barcelona Replica
1981 1200 Mirage #3341
1988 OR600 Atlas Series 3
1972 Yamaha TR3/TZB 350

Offline Cosi

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2018, 19:41 »
No, it is a forum for people with impeccable taste and not restricted to just Laverda.

I know that is a beautiful motorcycle - thanks for posting..

Yogi
+1
Hastings Point 2489 Australia

Offline Legs

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2018, 21:08 »
++1
Yellow Peril RGS
Ducati Monster 695
Yamaha 175 Ag Bike

Offline Vince

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2018, 22:05 »
I thought White Brothers, as opposed to WP or White Power the suspension blokes, was a US exhaust company and didn't do Suspension Bits?I knew someone who had one of there STUPIDLY loud mufflers on a late model 400cc Yamaha dirt bike.It was right up there with a toothache in pure painfulness.