Author Topic: Club Laverda NSW Snowy Rally 2018  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
Re: Club Laverda NSW Snowy Rally 2018
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2018, 22:30 »
the spur gear in the housing on the wheel had stripped some teeth.

It's not a spur gear, it's a crossed helical gear. Might be worth asking Red if he has a spare set of speedo gears. He's replaced a few original Laverda FLAM wheels with Suzuki wheels.  I don't think he re-uses the Laverda speedo drive.  It's probably simpler to go with a magnetic pickup on GSXR wheel conversions.

Offline Cosi

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2018, 22:54 »
No he reuses them
Hastings Point 2489 Australia

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2018, 23:47 »
Not if your using the original instruments.
I refitted the drive on the Motodd when changing to GSXR front wheel using SFC1000 instruments.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline redax5

• Administrator
  • All 81's, a fine year indeed
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2018, 23:55 »
It's not a spur gear, it's a crossed helical gear. Might be worth asking Red if he has a spare set of speedo gears. He's replaced a few original Laverda FLAM wheels with Suzuki wheels.  I don't think he re-uses the Laverda speedo drive.  It's probably simpler to go with a magnetic pickup on GSXR wheel conversions.

Cosi is correct, I reuse the speedo drive and housing when changing to GSXR wheels, is a bit involved getting everything to fit but is achievable
only time I don't reuse them is if the owner wants to run a GPS Speedo like on the SF3 I am building at the moment

Redax Drilling Consultants, confirmed Laverda tragic's
near Brisbane, Australia

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2018, 04:12 »
Ya loose one taillight!
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline martymoose

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2018, 06:28 »
Half way at the Mita Mita pub, awesome run so far. No ones been arrested and we are in Victoria!
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline LaverdaIan

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2018, 07:18 »
Good run, good Pub Marty.. Sounds like good times so far.. ;)

8)

Offline TC

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37 »
Thats great news, well done, hope that southern weather stays warm for you.
 :) :)
Most of that will polish out...

74 3c
74 BMW R90S

Offline gtlsteve

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2018, 09:44 »
Great pub the mita mita, don't drink to much that road can do strange things to you stomach after 70 Klm using only 2 and 3rd gear. Left right left right etc

Have fun guys.
1958 model Victor 18
Blue Mountains NSW

Offline Brett

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2018, 20:05 »
8.30 am departure time seems some of us were on time and some of us not.

Some more stragglers finally roll in something about Sydney traffic or such but we all know the real reason... dont we

Seems ChrisK forgot to reset his watch after he crossed the border so according to him he was in fact early ??  (banghead)

Hmm then someone needed to stop for the first of many pee stops... so not to let on that we had Chinese bladders we came up with a cunning ploy of pretending to work on Chris K's bike.

Seems the fuel tap police weren't on vacation after all hmm dare I say he is not the first one to be spied on the trip being lax.

Seems the 3C still has what it takes to pull birds

Bathurst the group became one again and Sascha's brother Dave finally turns up on his Formula just as we are rolling out of town.. so whilst Chris K can be excused for his late arrival, Dave on the other hand is from NSW so his watch should have been correct

Chris Pritt doing some praying to the Laverda gods

Waiting for the 4 BEARS to open for Brekkie

At least the owner got into the act and was wearing Orange for us  :o

Marty going the healthy route .......no bacon

Turn off to Kankobin

What we have here is the other Chris deciding to have a leak stop oh and that cause someone had complained that we were doing enough miles this trip invented away for that person to make a detour to Albury  :-X

Why you shouldn't use shocks made in China

Seems even BMW riders forget to turn off their fuel

Let alone Lav riders though the excuse from one is that its already got Carillo's

All reunited once again at Mtta Mitta

An oil tight motor no leaks here for a change

One last word from ChrisK before we called it a night and got into some drinking the real reason we came on the ride, oh and some dinner I guess

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 20:12 by Brett »
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline hooksey

• I See Orange !
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2018, 21:22 »
Nice one fellas  8) very envious of your big ride on some of our finest rds in Aus !

CK should be on his second pot at the blue duck by the time the rest of the mob lobb  :P (bikebend) Mitta to Omeo should suit that 880.... yeehah

Offline Tippie

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2018, 07:33 »
Looks like an absolute hoot, you are lucky to be so many and organise rides like this. Very happy to see one SF there at least, do the big strong triples carry his luggage?
All those fuel taps left on and not a single busted gudgeon pin yet, are you guys playing the lottery?
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2018, 10:25 »
Mine has had an intermittent miss under 4,000rpm. That became worse and worse, until it ran on one. Brett the fix it man changed the plugs, played with the ignition mapping, no change, bar running on two except for the miss.

So I road Australia’s best road in third and fourth to keep it above 4,000rpm. While that’s all good, jogging around 45k corners with a bike that bucked like a bronco wasn’t much fun.   ::)

Bike is now on the backup trailer :(

Right now having reds after dinner, and as don’t have to ride tomorrow, more are to come. ;)

The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Vince

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2018, 10:59 »
The omeo hy and the bonang in one day my knees are really sore thousands of 35k bends wll do that

Offline Tippie

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2018, 12:11 »
Just replace your knee sliders more often!!! ;D
SF2 17483 (race)
SF2 17424 (road)
An Australian living near Oslo in Norway