Author Topic: What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?  (Read 128108 times)

Offline Vince

Re: What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?
« Reply #1860 on: June 16, 2019, 05:33 »
A mystery man I know wrote a TRX Yamaha off on a Laverda ride, then bought a Fireblade and wrote it off a week later. And then bought a WR 250 Husky 2 stoke and did a good job almost losing a leg on his first big ride. He was told to take it easy, that lasted till he passed me and his brother at the top of a massive rough steep downhill in The Wadigans. The top of the big drop on The Great North Walk, I cringed as he bowling balled off the rock faces down the hill. It was probably a Helicopter job but no phone reception so we splinted his leg and got him on the back of a bike, 2 blokes walked it down with me on a rope behind. And his brother got there car and trailer and took him to hospital, luckily the Hospital he is General Manager of. He still rides but at least now I hope refrains from the red mist effects. It's sobering to watch huge offs and know it's going to be bad, never again I hope.

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #1861 on: June 16, 2019, 08:28 »
Some among us just aren't meant for motorcycling. Scary to see it sometimes. More than a few young men lost their lives when the big HP Jap bikes appeared in the early 70s. Walk into the shop, hand over the cash and ride away on the sort of bike it took years of experience to master well enough to ride fast - evil-handling things a lot of them.
What ... leave it standard??!!

Davo

« Reply #1862 on: June 16, 2019, 11:47 »
I have group ride aversion for the very reasons mentioned above. The only group I will ride with on a regular basis are well known to me, considerate of others in the group, and don't ride beyond their or their bikes capabilities.

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #1863 on: June 17, 2019, 01:14 »
Agree with Davo. The now popular Black Dog Rides and xmas toy runs are a recipe for disaster. Never done them so can't really comment but hundreds of bikes of all makes and riding styles riding in a group is an accident waiting to happen.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline Ventodue

« Reply #1864 on: June 18, 2019, 15:53 »
Finally, finally (What? Must be 15 years at least now …) stopped whingeing about how useless the RGS side-stand is and did something about it.

Shortened by 10mm, and now:

1. The bike leans over at an angle that doesn’t risk it being blown over by the faintest puff of wind.

2.  I can deploy the stand while still astride the bike and without having to first lean it over to the right to avoid the thing scraping the road.

Brilliant! Should have done it years ago …  ;D  :o

upload
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 15:57 by Ventodue »

Offline ozijotati

« Reply #1865 on: June 22, 2019, 17:39 »
Two laps of the tT course, what a hoot😂😂👍👍

Offline TC

« Reply #1866 on: June 22, 2019, 21:40 »
Nice work Tom, Any pics?
and what pubs did you stop at?
See you soon
Tom
Most of that will polish out...

74 3c
74 BMW R90S

Offline ozijotati

« Reply #1867 on: June 23, 2019, 07:23 »
Too busy playing on the bike

Offline Brett

« Reply #1868 on: June 23, 2019, 21:37 »
Good to hear you enjoyed yourself and can understand no time for pic's  (bikebend) (congrats)  (drink)

(Lavflag)
Sitting on the fence 120 or 180 that is the question ?

Offline maurice turner

« Reply #1869 on: June 24, 2019, 04:45 »
Go Tom go!!!!!
81 Jota*7604*

Offline ozijotati

« Reply #1870 on: June 25, 2019, 21:30 »
Near Welshpool in Wales and its finally stopped raining😊 Offin the morning to catch up with a fellow Laverda rider  so hopefully the roads are dry.Bit jealous of CK and all the sunshine he’sbeen enjoying😂

Offline 1200 JOTA

« Reply #1871 on: June 25, 2019, 22:25 »
Finally, finally (What? Must be 15 years at least now …) stopped whingeing about how useless the RGS side-stand is and did something about it.

Shortened by 10mm, and now:

1. The bike leans over at an angle that doesn’t risk it being blown over by the faintest puff of wind.

2.  I can deploy the stand while still astride the bike and without having to first lean it over to the right to avoid the thing scraping the road.

Brilliant! Should have done it years ago …  ;D  :o

upload

What is it with Laverda side-stands? I have the original mounting point on the Jota with possibly the original leg .. the bike would lean dangerously and overstress the mechanism (and therfore not usable) so I welded in a 1.75" extension and it now sits in the right place ... BUT you would need to have about 6" longer legs to deploy it from the seat! And I'm 6'2"!

Now looking at the mod that brings the stand back under the gear-shift and not up the front of the engine.
1975 Norton 850 Commando
1977 Laverda 1200 Jota America
1979 Ducati 900 GTS

Offline Vince

« Reply #1872 on: June 26, 2019, 01:34 »
That stand is a great mod, helps make the bike easier in day to day riding

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #1873 on: June 26, 2019, 06:38 »
Bit jealous of CK and all the sunshine he’sbeen enjoying😂

:-*
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline ozijotati

« Reply #1874 on: June 26, 2019, 14:02 »
Split an oil cooler today,slowed progress somewhat😊😊 Managed to buy the last one from motalia😂😂,hopefully back on the road tomorrow.