Author Topic: What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?  (Read 66188 times)

Offline Legs

Re: What did you do to or for or with your Laverda today?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 00:55 »
One of the rules I took notice of when riding dirt bikes was to never have your bars tilted upwards, tends to lock the wrists and elbows, plus it looks naff ;)

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 01:13 »
Have you put Semi-Western bars on the MV yet?

Settle...
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, ‘78 SSD Darmah '80 SD Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '85 R80g/s, 2017 MV F3 (Ago edition)

Offline Legs

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 02:00 »
Settled :D :D

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 02:01 »
One of the rules I took notice of when riding dirt bikes was to never have your bars tilted upwards, tends to lock the wrists and elbows, plus it looks naff ;)

One of the things I learnt riding my dirt bike to Cape York and back was to tilt them upwards, most of the trip was standing on the pegs.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 02:12 »
One of the things I learnt riding my dirt bike to Cape York and back was to tilt them upwards, most of the trip was standing on the pegs.

That's a long way/time to look naff, Chris.. ::) ::)
'71 TR6 Tiger, '73 X-75, '73 3C, '74 3C, '75 SF2, '75 850T3 Cal, '75 T160V, '78 Mirage, ‘78 SSD Darmah '80 SD Darmah, '82 TR7/T, '83 Tenere, '85 R80g/s, 2017 MV F3 (Ago edition)

Offline Laverda SF

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 02:48 »
Kinda like that BSA Tiger Bar onna 750 SF but the Honda CB 750 Bar was STD and Tiger bar was great onna Triumph 250 Scrambler.

Some Yamaha bars (Specifically the 450's) where the same but you had to cut them down to length and they didn't have the useless hole in the right hand for whatever electrics.

For that matter you can defile a Yamaha 2 Cly 4 Stroke CDI Ignition to fit our 750 SF's.

To tell you the truth I have never had problems with the Breganzie point system as long as you keep them adjusted and clean.

There are a few minor tricks to keep the points from denigrating and that is to use Amphoric Gasket on the case and drill a small hole in the bottom of the case for moisture to drain out off the cover.

In other words keep the points dry after you have washed her. You might need a little alcohol swab and a fine file to sharpen the points with a shot of Rust Check.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:57 by Laverda SF »

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 03:48 »

That's a long way/time to look naff, Chris.. ::) ::)

You're right .................. but it's better than having a pair of arse cheeks that extend from my nuts to my neck.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there’s no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Paul H

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 10:59 »
Thanks for the tips on the bars guys. The ones I have just fitted are photogrphed without adjustment after riding. They will surely end up rotated flatter than they are. Changing the bars uncovered some 'imaginative-solution' wiring issues, into which Class-A drugs were surely a contibutor. This delayed the test run, so when I have ridden/adjusted we will see what can be achieved. The bars were free, so if unsuitable at least they will provide shape info. I'm off to the Classic Bike show on Stafford (UK) soon so even better shaped bars can be got there if required, all shapes and sizes.  The Semi-Western shape looks comfy, I'll check em out.

Next thing to do to get the bike to fit me will be to trim of a little bit from the footpeg length - i.e. width. Can't get on with it when foot-down at junctions.

By the way, 'Semi-Westrn Bar' on google gets you into a whole new world of gay scence mountach trimming. Think Village People.

Offline Ventodue

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 15:30 »
By the way, 'Semi-Westrn Bar' on google gets you into a whole new world of gay scence mountach trimming. Think Village People.

:o.  The places that Laverda ownership can take you ...  :D

Offline Grant

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 20:03 »
Especially a 120...  ;D 8) :-* :P (banter)...
www.clublaverda.com
Check out the daily blog

Offline Schurminater

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 17:42 »
Had a cracking ride out on Sunday to Bury hill which is a Local-ish meeting point in West Sussex (UK) a trio of bikes,myself on the Jota,a P&M GPz racer and a retro XJR1300...so all very different.......the Jota was superb on the open road and felt like thundering horses under you,now just over 700 miles under my belt and i love it  ;D

here's a little snap shot

Offline Legs

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 23:09 »
Would be a bit worried about that long haired yahoo lurking in the background, just above the Jota's seat :-[

Offline Schurminater

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 09:54 »
Ha ha ...........he will like that,he owns the P&M  :D......but i will be sure to keep an eye on him  ::)

Offline Davo

• West of the Rabbit Proof Fence
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 14:56 »
Finally finished the paint on my gusseted frame and got the engine in with the assistance of my son. Rear wheel back on and now starting to look like a bike again. Next job is to pull the forks apart, put in some new seals, the new Racetech seals and springs and then get the front back on with the Brembo 4 pots that have been sitting patiently in a box for a couple of years.
1976 3CL Redaxed
Triumph Sprint
Moto Guzzi Le Mans III 850 Stucchi
Honda V Twin Fastrak hustler

Offline AndyW

• Adelaide
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 00:05 »
Have you put Semi-Western bars on the MV yet?

Working on it: just got to finish fitting the GearSack rack first... ;D