Author Topic: Weather where you are?  (Read 60912 times)

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
Re: Weather where you are?
« Reply #780 on: December 30, 2019, 08:28 »
What date you comin down CK ?
Meet ya in the Neerim Sth beer garden on Thurs 2nd 🍻

Got as far as Parkes, 930klms.
 Fecking hot on bike.... Bíjesus. Should make Gippsland tomorrow
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle thereís no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Offline Laverda SF

« Reply #781 on: December 31, 2019, 03:57 »
Chrisk:
Working for the L&F or a Lodge as a kid paid penitence compared to guiding American Tourist, playing pool or a piano in a Northern Ontarian Lodge (Most of all it was the People).

Offline Piranha Brother 2

• It was once a 1973 750 SF1
« Reply #782 on: December 31, 2019, 06:16 »

Gippsland??!! Some serious fires in that part of the state - along with other places. Nasty nasty nasty stuff happening in our little country.
What ... leave it standard??!!

Offline Vince

« Reply #783 on: December 31, 2019, 06:26 »
Chris no chance, all roads leading to that area are closed.

Offline maurice turner

« Reply #784 on: December 31, 2019, 21:39 »
Hey Chris are you on the BFN 1400???
81 Jota*7604*

Offline Dellortoman

• My wolf mate 6/5/1996 - 3/1/2011
« Reply #785 on: January 04, 2020, 01:34 »
Another warm windy day here, with smoke in the air.

A friend of mine often listens to police radio. She said there's been reports of a bloke on a green trail bike (Kawasaki?) who's been seen lighting fires around the Hobart area. Cops have been trying to catch him for a couple of weeks. He'd better hope the cops get him before any of the locals do.  >:(

Offline Paul LeClair

• Administrator
  • the older I get, the faster a rider I used to be
« Reply #786 on: January 11, 2020, 05:40 »
Canadian news is following the Australian weather/fire situation with extensive reporting. Lots of news right now about the plight not only of the people but of many of the creatures, very sad.

Here in western Canada, weather reports indicate a "polar vortex" descending, will apparently hit well below minus 30 Celsius next several days.

Paul LeClair
Paul LeClair
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
79 1200 Mirage, 82 1200 Mirage, 84 RGS Executive, and various non Laverda's

Offline Vince

« Reply #787 on: January 11, 2020, 05:47 »
We struck one of those "polar vortex" in Tasmania in mid-Novermber or what used to be called Spring down here in the southern hemisphere. Not as nuts as a Canadian one, only 2c. Bad enough for us spring chickens. Cannot tell if we have bushfire smoke or just a standard grey day in Sydney, I think the later as it smells ok for a change

Offline Basketcase

« Reply #788 on: January 11, 2020, 06:02 »

Should have taken your Elvis costume instead.

Offline motoddrob

« Reply #789 on: January 11, 2020, 06:33 »
The loss of wild life is more upsetting to me than the loss of houses and infrastructure. Numbers like a billion animals/birds etc are gone. The lucky fuckers that survived the fires by burrowing under ground emerge to find a blacken dead landscape with nothing to eat so starvation will kill them.
It really is tragic.
I went for a ride out through the back blocks where our forrest dept had a so called controlled burn about 4 months ago and found the same blackened landscape. I stopped for a piss and didn't see any life. Can remember the mushroom like cloud that appeared in the sky and thinking that was a hot burn. Seeing it from my own eyes I was discussed what they'd done.
They're in charge of looking after our environment and as usual they fucked up again.
Motodd 1200, SFC750

Offline martymoose

« Reply #790 on: January 11, 2020, 06:39 »
Will take a long time to recover still bad in the snowy some of our favourite areas to ride havenít recovered from the last fire.
Cheers from sunny Sydney

Offline Legs

« Reply #791 on: January 11, 2020, 06:40 »
Drove from Cudlee Creek up to the Bakery in Lobethal to get some bread (funny about that) this afternoon; the landscape is totally burnt out with destroyed properties everywhere. Over the last few weeks this has become the norm for me but what wasn't the norm were the sightseers cruising at 40kph and stopping to take photos of the devastation. Had to retreat back home before I strangled somebody and ended up in deep shit.

Offline TC

« Reply #792 on: January 11, 2020, 06:59 »
The loss of wild life is more upsetting to me than the loss of houses and infrastructure. Numbers like a billion animals/birds etc are gone. The lucky fuckers that survived the fires by burrowing under ground emerge to find a blacken dead landscape with nothing to eat so starvation will kill them.
It really is tragic.

I know, it is something that I find astounding that in Australia we seem to only count ourselves and our property as relevant, I think that may all change after these fires though.
The true cost of these fires is beyond our comprehension I feel.
 :(
Most of that will polish out...

Offline helicopterjim

• No shit, there I was - and the crack was 90!
« Reply #793 on: January 11, 2020, 08:56 »
Canadian news is following the Australian weather/fire situation with extensive reporting. Lots of news right now about the plight not only of the people but of many of the creatures, very sad.

Here in western Canada, weather reports indicate a "polar vortex" descending, will apparently hit well below minus 30 Celsius next several days.

Paul LeClair

Supposed to hit minus 40 in central BC where I live. Of course it is my fault as I'm not there to plough the snow or haul more firewood.

Jim
74 SFC
72 SF
74 3C
75 3C
79 (81) Formula Mirage 1200
Various Ducati's, Guzzi's, Puch's ... a BSA Sloper and maybe even an R90
I don't have a 1977 Honda XL 175 but I do have a Chang Jiang CJ750 with a sidecar.

Chilliwack, British Columbia

Offline chrisk

• I'd like to write something here: SOMETHING
« Reply #794 on: January 11, 2020, 20:20 »
We had a little rain last night in Brisbane, beautiful.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle thereís no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.